The 26 mile road to work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 26 mile road to work.

After about two weeks chasing Blender on his Honda Hawk 450 and Nerobro on his '80 GS550e, I decided to take the plunge. This morning I actually left the cage in the street parked and neglected and took the bike to work. With the hurculean effort it takes on the clutch it made shifting a bit dodgy but all in all it was a good ride. I kept myself out of the way of the cars and mini-vans, got a couple nods and a wave (of which I did return).

I never realized the diffrence in driving between my car and the bike before. I've never driven on a road I was that intimate with. All the corners I took at 45 or 50 in the car that were at least semi-exciting were rather boring and ho-hum on the bike. About the only thing that spooked me is on Rt.31 in Elgin there's kind of a long right hander that has a "speed bump" in about the apex of the corner. It's about a 4 inch rise and in the car it's nothing but on the bike she bucked pretty good under me. I was on the pegs and not the seat so much so the bike mostly just moved under me but it was enough for the "pucker factor" to go up a few notches.

I can't wait for the ride home.

Nothing quite like it man
    I feel you.

Rock on!

Comment

Stay loose with your weight distributed between feet, hands, and seat and just let the bike buck and jump and it'll find it's own way. You'll get used to it.

Comment

sweet!! I've got one of those bumps in the worst turn on my route too!! why would you need a sewer cap in a banked right turn anyway?!?!?

soon you'll be ready to sell the cage for good!!

Comment

To stop crazy f'ers like us from taking the corner at mach 1.

Comment

Working...
          X