Do I get water wings or something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I get water wings or something?

Well finally had my first excursion in the rain. For those of you in the greater chicagoland area I was on 31 and Fabyan Parkway heading south. Over my head it was clear but you could smell the rain in the air. On the way down 31 it looked really foggy up ahead. "Oh, great just what I need." runs through my head as I pull up to the stoplight. The temp drops 10-15 degrees and the skies just open up. Standing at the stoplight I couldn't see more than 15 - 20 feet in front of me. Then, the bike dies. As the temperatue was dropping it started burbuling a bit and protesting. What I didn't notice was that the RPMs had dropped from the 900 -1100 idle we had set it at to below 800RPM. Stuck in the left lane I waited til it was clear and I ran the bike accross the street to a White Hen. Under the awning I waitied a few minutes for the rain to let and and started the bike again. It coughed and protested a touch but started up and I mounted up and drove off. Immediately my glasses fogged up so I opened the visor to let in some air. BIG mistake, the bike doesn't have a front fender on it and me getting a slight head cold I got a mouthfull of water slung off the front tire. About 3 minutes down the road I came to another stoplight this time I noticed the RPM drop off but a little too late and it died on me again. This time it was much more difficult to restart and I waited again for an opening and pushed it accross the street to a movie theater parking lot. I waited about a minute and tried again and it fired right up. Back on the road I kept an eye on the RPMs as I watching out for puddles. Finally I make it home soaked straight through yet still grinning ear to ear.

BTW if you don't hve a front fender, before it rains think about getting one.

No water wings but you do get wet.

Comment

Working...
    X