Joe Rocket Alter Ego jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Rocket Alter Ego jacket

My wife and I both have textile jackets and mesh jackets. Unfortunately there's not enough storage space to bring both on a ride or trip so we usually end up using the textile jackets on anything more than a day ride. My HJC textile is nice but it only has a couple litte vents under the arm that basically flow nothing. So if it is 75 degrees or above it can be pretty uncomfortable. Cathy gets little air since she sits behind me and is about 1/2 my size so she roasts too. So we decided to try the Joe Rocket Alter Ego jackets.

These are 3 in 1 jackets that go from full textile with waterproof liners to full textile without liner to 3/4 mesh with textile outer arms and shoulders. The waterproof liner zips out. The textile chest, back, and underside of the arms zips out as one panel. It comes with a built in backpack to carry the liner and textile panel if needed. Although we haven't ridden with them yet we are impressed with the ingenuity, fit, and quality. They obviously offer a lot of flexibility but also more protection than our full mesh Firstgear Mesh jackets due to the textile shoulders and outer arms and better armor. We're now able to have a full range of weather protection from one jacket. I'd say these jackets will be good in anything from 50 degress to over 100.

If you're looking for these have a little patience and keep checking ebay. The list price is $249 and the common internet price is $224. Somebody had them on ebay for $249! Some deal. I kept checking ebay and found someone that had them for $160 But it Now plus $20 for shipping. So we got both jackets for $340 including shipping. I'm pretty happy with that deal. We will be handsomely modeling them in a few weeks at the Midwest Galena Rally.

Joe
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Me and my girl have them also. Tripple black doesn't have the reflective stripe which in retrospect I wish I had. It still has reflective piping throughout. 1000000% satisfied. Zip out panels to reveal mesh summer jacket for the hot riding. Zip in full sleeve waterproof liner for the cold. Lots of pockets, slick overall design, made very well. 3 in one, can't go wrong.

Comment

Picked up a brand new Alter-Ego in my big boy size off ebay for $112 . (best ebay score yet for me)

Didn't get quite the deal on the jacket for my wife and ended up paying $250 from a dealer. (it's a good wife that appreciates motorcycle stuff for Christmas )
      While these are not the cheapest jackets around, they are like two jackets in one. They seem well made and offer a some options with a rain liner and removeable panels over the mesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Wasserott
        Picked up a brand new Alter-Ego in my big boy size off ebay for $112 . (best ebay score yet for me)

Didn't get quite the deal on the jacket for my wife and ended up paying $250 from a dealer. (it's a good wife that appreciates motorcycle stuff for Christmas )
        While these are not the cheapest jackets around, they are like two jackets in one. They seem well made and offer a some options with a rain liner and removeable panels over the mesh.
        Greg,

That's a great deal on your jacket. Even with the dealer price for Tina's it still averages out to a good deal. You'll both be lookin' good on that new ride!

Joe
        IBA# 24077
        '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
        '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
        '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Your reviews, plus others I read online, motivated me to go buy my very own alter-ego.. Thanks all.

Comment

I too have an alter ego jacket. I think its awesome, it does it all. I went for a ride with it yesterday with just the mesh part and it feels like you're wearing "Nothin' at all" It even come close to accomodating my freakishly long arms but it's just a bit short in the sleeve.

The only complaint I have is if its pretty warm out and you leave the rain liner in and you sweat, it sticks to you and it hard to take off. Otherwise, top notch.

The "Nothin at all" quote is for the Simpsons fans out there. "Stupid Sexy Flanders!"

Comment

Working...
            X