Harleys meet Madura

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harleys meet Madura

Was driving from Charlotte to Gastonia NC on HWY 74 close to this biker hangout. My Suzuki Madura 1200 (the 'Bull') was an 85 shaft driven water cooled V4 that most bikers couldn't ID for a shot of black jack. Anyway, I pulled up behind a group of em rolling into Belmont (small mill town on the Catawba river). I let em get started after the traditional throttle crackin crap at the light and looking at eachother like they'd just scored the winning touchdown at the superbowl. When I shifted into 2nd I opened her up and roared past them, Jardine headers blasting. I think I saw some *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ dripping off the back o one of those old panheads. Needless to say I'd guess they'd remember the burgundy shaftie if they saw her again. I miss that ole bike. I had one AH tell me to push my choke in; I informed him it was a V4 not a twin! Idiot! get her done! Dave

Nice! I always thought the Madura was a much-underrated bike, and I guess it never sold that well, although I don't know why. If I ever find one, I may just change the bars to something a little lower is all... great looking bike, though.

Comment

Working...
    X