Vetter Windjammer half fairing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vetter Windjammer half fairing

I didn't see a review on this, and I figure it's a common enough item that there should be one. Forgive me if it is here and has just scrolled off the screen.

My bike came with one of these.

The wind protection is great. At higher speeds (above about 70 mph) it creates a swirling vortex of wind so it actually pushes into your back. However, it is far more of a gentle push than the push would be from frontal wind without a fairing.

I really like that it integrates the turn signals into it.

I don't like that you do lose some of your close-up visibility since the fairing is opaque except for the actual windshield.

On a GS, the radio/speaker holder is a joke, as it is far too noisy to actually hear the thing.

At some point before I bought it, someone dropped my bike and it landed on the fairing. Now the headlight is pointed off to one side a bit, with no way to re-aim it short of either putting a shim under the fairing mount or somehow bending it back. I don't know how I'm going to fix that...

Before you buy a used bike with the fairing, do a visual check to see that there is the same amount of clearance between the fairing and carbs on each side. If not, the fairing is either mounted crooked or has a bent frame.

If it is straight, it is a good buy for highway traveling. Otherwise, avoid it like the plague. (or be ready to shell out some money to replace it; you will need to buy a headlight bucket and turn signal stalks to begin with...)

I haven't had any of the problems you describe with my Windjammer 4. You might mave a Vetter Quicksilver or Rooster, which had less sucess.
    I can hear my radio clearly till 80mph, unless I'm grabbing throttle hard.
    The Quicksilver on my wife's KZ440Ltd is too small to be effective, and the single speaker is to overpowered. I'd recommend replacing yours with a Windjammer.

Comment

On the reg Vetter If you remove the headlight bezel you can access the bolt & adjust it side to side I would assume yours is simillar

Comment

Working...
      X