Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently Suzuki Stock Wheels are Cool...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently Suzuki Stock Wheels are Cool...

So I stopped at a store today on my '80 450e. As I pulled up this group of teenagers hanging out in front shouted something at me. I finished parking, and walked over to them. One of the guys asked me, i thought, what Id paid for the bilke. So I told him. His response, "Oh, thats not bad. That was for both of them?" What he had in fact asked me for was the price Id paid for my cool custom rims. er, that is, my cool original stock wheels. When informed that they were stock and that was the price Id paid for the bike, they were all amazed and kids were shouting across the parking lot... "Yo... guess how much he paid for that. Check out the sweet rims!"

I always thought the wheels were kinda ugly and would have preferred some wire wheels any day. Oh well... I should have tried to sell them the wheels right off the bike.

-Chad

They're a pig to clean though.

Comment

I've gotten a lot of compliments on my stock mags ('79 GS1000E).
      Of course, mine are polished and powdercoated, but I still maintained the original look, just improved the finish. They have a lot of flash when turning.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
        I've gotten a lot of compliments on my stock mags ('79 GS1000E).
        Of course, mine are polished and powdercoated, but I still maintained the original look, just improved the finish. They have a lot of flash when turning.
        Damn Keith! That's just SICK!

That's it, I'm dropping my bike off in the morning. I expect the engine and wheels to look like that by the time I come to pick it up later on in the evening.

Did you have them professionally done? Looking sharp.....as usual. OK, I'm going to go and cry now........

Comment

Thanks for the compliments!
          I did the cases, fork legs, carbs and signals. I had the wheels done at Astro's in N.Hollywood. Calif. The wheels had a machined finish that was too much for me and I had to take the wheels in anyway to have them do the powdercoating. The wheels actually look nicer than in pic's. The sides have a lot of flash when turning.
          I plan to do a better job on the carbs. I only spent about a 1/2 hour on each one so far, just tinkering.
          I've maintained all the polishing with a hand drill motor and various buffs.
          I re-polish about twice a year. Takes some time, but I don't mind.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

You plan to do a "BETTER" job on the carbs?? How does one do a better job than what I've seen in your pics???

OK, Dom, move over ... I'm coming over to cry with you!!

Steve 8)

PS. I'm dropping my bike off too, Keith!

Comment

You know, the heat involved is what gets aluminum to shine better.
              So I figure I'll hafta put a few hundred miles on your bikes before I start polishing. :twisted:

Comment

If that is all it's going to take then come on over, Keith!! I'll even put you up for a week while you "prep" the bike with a few good rides! Haha!

Steve 8)

Comment

Working...
                X