Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your carb hose routing questions answered (I hope).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your carb hose routing questions answered (I hope).

VM series carb as fitted on '76 to '79 bikes, these are the VM28SS's off my 1979 GS1000S.

BS series carbs, these are BS32SS off an American spec '82 GS750T.

And for the true experts, if there are any faults in this please feel free to correct me on them so I can rectifiy them. And yes there were some bikes in some markets fitted with flatslides as stock but not over here so I don't know them. As for the 2 cylinder bikes, I did a '88 GS450 and it was very similar to the 4 cyl. BS's, just less carbs.

BS carbs are exactly the same, except they don't have the fuel overflow lines at the bottom.

To clarify for those who might wonder, the vent hoses don't attach to anything -- they're just routed up and over the airbox and the ends are left open.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

bwringer, the BS series don't have the vacuum line for the petcock going to carb #3.
      The BS series have the vacuum line for the petcock going to carb #2.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Oh, I thought we were looking at the other side of the carbs for some reason. My bad.

You're absolutely right, KK!
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
          bwringer, the BS series don't have the vacuum line for the petcock going to carb #3.
          The BS series have the vacuum line for the petcock going to carb #2.

Comment

Updated with a pic of the BS carbs.

Comment

Working...
            X