Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleanliness is Next To Godliness Or.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleanliness is Next To Godliness Or.........

Got back from an all day road trip Sat. \/ Sun. I didn't touch the bike. Come out mon. to ride it and nada. ](*,) After an hour of troubleshooting with my multimeter, "alas", Dirty fuses and the saddles they slip into. They didn't look bad and there was voltage but the amperage was low and once the voltage got past the ignition switch nothing. So if you got an extra 5 min. or so you might just clean fuse connections too. I always am anal about everything else but just never thought about paying any detail to that. Also a good way of finding out if a problem is possibly at hand just check the fuses and see if one feels hot to the touch.
    Rob

I have had that problem before, too. I try to keep the electrical connections cleaner, now. On all of the old bikes, I like to make sure the connections are all clean, especially if the bikes have been sitting around a long time.

It seems like guys who are always pressure washing their bikes have more trouble with corroding connections. I try to mainly just pressure wash wheels and brakes and stay away from the motor, electrics.

Mike

Old GS and ZL owner
    Owner of 1962 Valiant (bored out and cammed up!!)

Comment

Hmmm. Mopar owner eh? Got a couple myself.

Comment

Working...
      X