Mac VS Vance & Hines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac VS Vance & Hines

Can any one tell me which product is better? There is a big price difference in price between the two! What are the noise level differences between the two? Which one has the better quality? Thanks for your time and I will be greatful for any help.
    Greg 8)

People I've talked to or overheard, seem to prefer the V&H. I hear the Mac doesn't flow as well and has a lower quality finish. The few Mac's I've seen don't have the quality finish of my pipe. I bought a V&H chrome megaphone for my '79 GS1000E. It's fairly quiet until 5,000 rpm. Then it starts to howl a bit.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Keith is right on. It is an awesome pipe the V&H is and it performs exactly as he said. It also lasts long.

This is one of those things where you get what you pay for.

Comment

hen mu 1100e was stock it had a mack 4/1 with a megaphone and baffels. It was loud without the baffel. I read my plugs with and without the baffel and the color never changed. I asumed it was just a noise maker. I later switched to a pro stock pipe which was sold by Star Racing. It had the same shape and coatings except that the V&H was more $$ and looked to be of superior quality. The V&H had springs to hold the parts together. The new exhaust required much larger mains and some washers unde the needles.
        i ALWAYS HAVE A HARD TIME BELIEVINGF THAT THE MACK EXHAUST GIVES PERFORMANCE . i BELIEVE THAT THIER ADS SAY NO JETTING REQUIRED.
        iM NEVER POSITIVE ABOUT THIS ANY HOW, ITS JUST MY OWN EXPERIENCE.

Caps key again.

Comment

I would go for the V&H. I have had both and the MAC sucked.

Mike

Comment

it all depend on where you ride your bikes do you ride them on the main jets or just the needles, scotty did you shim your needles when you ran the mac and never rellay got the rpm up high enought to get on the mains?

i haven't dared run with out a baffel in my mac cause it seems like it would be to loud but maybe i'll give it a try this summer and see what happens, i am also running a competion baffel that is just a stright thru design with some perferations unlike the the stock baffel that comes with the pipe.

you relly won't notice much diffrence on a 4 into 1 until you get to around 7k on any bike.

worst case with a mac 4 into 1 it will be alot lighter then a oem system.

-ryan
            78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
            82 Kat 1000 Project
            05 CRF450x
            10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

I want that Motad 4 into 1 for the 1000, looks very sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by first timer

i haven't dared run with out a baffel in my mac cause it seems like it would be to loud but maybe i'll give it a try this summer and see what happens,

-ryan
                SOME back pressure can be a good thing. Without back pressure, it's easier to burn up a valve.
                And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

ONE MORE NOTE ABOUT EHAUST AND PLUG COLOR ETC.
                  As mentioned above the question could be why do you want to change the pipe. If it is for looks then the mack looks fine. If you are the type that will play with jets and needles then you will get better peformance with the V&H. Do what you enjoy. It's your bike

Comment

Working...
                  X