just last night....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just last night....

I had just finished parking my bike in front of my apartment building. Coming to the doors, I see another "youngster"(my GS predates me..) like myself, clad in the all to famous "WEST COAST CHOPPERS" regalia.
    Me in my leathers (boots and gloves included) and helmet in hand.
    conversation goes something like this:

me: Hey

guy: whats up..... you riding something?

me: yeah

guy: nice...what you got?

me: I got a GS 850

guys-friend: Oh, some crotch-rocket, or some ricer?

me: nah, its more of a cruiser-style bike (trying not to offend them too much)

guys: lets check it out.....start'er up for us

me: sure

walking over to bike.....

me: So, you guys ride too? where you from?

guys: what do you think man?? take a look at this shirt WEST COAST CHOPPERS...were from B.C. We build our own customs

Me: cool... . .

guys: Yeah man, me an my buddy here built our own bikes back home...

Me: cool... * start up the bike, giving it some good revs to 6grand or so...

guys start crouching, listening to the rattling sound coming from my pre-muffler (damn, why now? why make sounds now...)

they continue to tell me that I should "take apart my manifold" and that they'll "hook me up, and help me turn this thing into a beast"...

and this next part is almost word for word...

guy: you know a boeing 737??

me: yeah...?

guy: When we take off man, its louder than that *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$...(mentions something with the word freedom...at this point im still dumbfounded a bit)

We're just like jesse james you know, we rip up the country..... man, I don't even wear a helmet.

me: whoa man..... (I'm cool too!! ha ha ha...)

at this point, i turn off the bike, and begin walking back to my apartment,

guy: yeah man, drop by my apartment sometime....gettin my tools shipped in a week. will fix that thing up...

me: sure , see ya later!! (smile on face...4.3.2.1)

damn, there's nothing like that to put a nice big grin on your face when your heading home!!

I'm heading over to the "T-shirt hell" website to order one of their items; it's identical to the "West Coast..." logo but instead it says "East Coast Lawnmowers."

His comments say it all: the noise it makes is what's most important to him. Speaks volumes to me.

Comment

I like this one!!

It's a Dixie Choppers T-shirt. T-shirt says "Mow Your Grass Off!" I love it!

OCC built a bike for them using a lawn mower engine. Most probably saw the bike on the discovery channel.

Comment

Now you guys have given me an idea!

Jim's Denture Center

home of

Granny's Choppers

Comment

Working...
        X