S100 Engine Brightener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S100 Engine Brightener

I know this product has been referenced before but I did not see a product review so I thought I'd do one. I could not find this product at any local dealers, including the Harley dealer so I ordered it online for $7.95 for a 4.5oz. bottle. I gave the engine a quick cleaning but it was still pretty dirty looking. Application is simple: Shake well, spray evenly onto cool surface, let sit for a minute, wipe off excess. The immediate results were very impressive. The gray, dull engine was suddenly black and shiny again. After wiping the excess off the engine was still black and shiny but it looked 'wet'. I went for a ride and let the engine come up to full temp. This seemed to 'cook' the Engine Brightener in. It no longer looks wet but is still black and shiny. It looks as good as it did when the bike was new. The label says it is good on all surfaces so I tried it on other black items on the bike. It worked great on everything I tried it on. It brought back the color and shine to my gauge housing, brake calipers, fork sliders, turn signal stalks, shock springs, oil cooler, frame, and the painted parts of my wheels. I used about 2/3 of the spray can for all of this. I'll wait and see how long the shine lasts but so far I am VERY impressed with this product.

Thanks,
    Joe
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

The stuff works great. I found out about it here. If your engine is clean, does a fantastic job on bringing out it's "blackness".
    Does collect a little bit of road dust, but just gives you more reason to wipe down your bike more often.
    Overall, the best I have found for our black motors.
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Comment

S100

I've used Gunk Engine Bright in the past. It does do a good job cleaning but the black engine still looks very dull. I am definitely going to try S100 thanks to you guys. I put a lot of work into my bike to keep it clean, but the black engine always disapointed me because it didn't shine. Thanks guys. Bill

Comment

Here's what my bike looked like after applying:

and after wiping it off:

This was in March. I have washed the bike 3 times since, and the stuff is still there. All I do between washings is hit the engine with compressed air and that's it. Awesome stuff!!
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I read this thread, and another review elsewhere, and both places, it seems to indicate that this is really only for factory black parts...what about those of us with aluminum parts and the like? Will it work on that stuff as well? My parts are pretty dull looking, and I'm not sure how to clean it up/shine them up. Here's a small pic of my bike to give you an idea:

*thinks some more*

Actually, WERE my parts originally black? I don't even know...this is how it looked when I bought it...

Comment

The S-100 does not do much for non-black parts. I use a mild rubbing compound to brighten up the crome and non-black parts, including the mags, then follow with a good polish. I use mother's paste polish. Get the toothbrush and q-tips out!!
            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
            79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Working...
            X