No announcement yet.

Helmet Mods Anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very much cool. I've wondered if anything like that was available.

But I want a FLIR (Forward Looking Infra Red) camera to connect to mine. (Headlights? Who needs 'em?)

Dave

Comment

..... 8O

that is awesome..
      i want an automaker to integrate a true HUD in a car-- i think that it's important to be able to see everything that you need to know in a non-distracting, practical manner

Comment

I thought Cadilac or the Chevy Vette had introduced a HUD back in the early or mid 90's and it didn't take off like they thouhgt? I could be wrong. I've always been interested in the HUD for cars.

In a helmet, I'm not so sure. It sounds really cool though.

Comment

I thought I saw a high-end GM car advertised a few years ago that implied there was an IR camera with a heads-up display. The ad showed said vehicle driving though a forest as a doe approached the road.

Of couse, the first thing I'd do is add crosshairs...

Dave

Comment

Cadillac did, and may still offer a FLIR heads up display in their cars...

Steve 8)

Comment

I wish they had that out now I'd put it on my bike then I'd always know how much over the speed limit I am .
              ian

Comment

I must disagree with the idea...
                sorry but I reckon ......... to change your focus so much is too slow. That is to say... the time it takes to change your focal point from distant to the inside of your visor is much slower than taking a quick glance at the usual position of a speedo. I'm no Dr. but I have experimented on this very subject.

Also........ I would expect the display to be light generated, in some situations, the ambiant light would hamper the visability of the display... not to mention ........ after dark the display would be so bright in the corner of your vision, it would be a distraction.
                for what its worth........... my 2 cents worth.

Stay upright

Comment

Working...
                X