Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monofilament line to clean out carb passages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monofilament line to clean out carb passages.

Works fine for cleaning most passages and comes in various thicknesses.
    Won't create a burr in the soft metal like a piece of wire might.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Careful though, to keep it out of the gas. It will turn in to plastic sludge on contact.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Jedi
      Careful though, to keep it out of the gas. It will turn in to plastic sludge on contact.
      I suppose it could melt if you use a real thin line or the line is poor quality? I use line down to .020" with both gas and typical carb cleaner in a can with no problem, even after repeated contact. Don't need any thinner than that. I thicker line I use is meant for weed wackers and the thinner line is from the hardware store my wife uses to assemble wind chimes, etc. So no special line was searched for. Works for me.
      I suppose it would be smart to test the line you use if you try this.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
      X