How many miles on your GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many miles on your GS

I was just reading feelerguagephil's thread (On Patrol). He said he stopped a guy on a GS 850 that has 120,000 miles on it. It got me to thinking how many miles other members have on theres. My 1980 GS 1000L has 26,625 miles and it still looks and runs like new.

80 gs550.... odometer says 25k, but it isn't orginal, so who knows how many it really has...

Comment

I have 54k-ish on my 80 gs550e
      You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
      If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
      1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
      1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
      1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
      1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
      1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

Comment

6,900 original miles

Comment

The S has around 30K

The E has just under 12K......and will be for sale in the spring........unless
          someone has cash now?
          Keith
          -------------------------------------------
          1980 GS1000S, blue and white
          2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Mebbe 110000 miles on my '79 550.3rd speedo,1st was wrecked,2nd was amini,bloody useless,latest shows abot 65000 of which at least 45000 I put on.1 rebore and 1 head rebuild and that's it.Tough as old boots!

Comment

83,900 something. Gotta change the oil in the morning.

Comment

someone has cash now?[/quote]

..hmmmmmm, I might have cash!-Pete

Comment

Originally posted by KGB
                  The S has around 30K

someone has cash now?
                  ...and like Pete says...I might have CASH too! (just not enough... )

Comment

80 GS850G 61 thousand miles. Got it in 94 with 35 thou.
                    Running strong, only major engine work has been head gasket and replacing float bowl valves & screens.

The GS shafties are great. Have not had to deal with a chain since 1982. ( first bike in 1979 was chain, blahh)

Pictures on web page.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

My '79 GS1000E has 125,000. All under my butt.
                      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Miles

82 GS11100GK is about to turn over 25K. Only had 18K when I got it in April '03. Hopefully I'll get to the paint over Christmas and then it will look like new. Gotta find something for my son but I think an 1100 might be too much for a 16 year old regardless how respomsible he/she is.

Steve

Comment

and miles to go.....

The 84 1150ES has 24,233....some with dragstrip time, a quarter mile at a time.
                          The wifes run down & out 80 850 shaftie has 57,150
                          The recently acquired 79 1000 project has appx. 34K
                          happy riding.
                          Rick.....

Comment

My 1980 GS1100e has 58K and the 1981 GS750e has 14K...they have not even had the oil/filter changed in them from the dealership when new :roll:

Comment

The 750 has 20,500 miles, about 11k of which are mine, put on since April. The bike still seems brand new to me, it's just, like, perfect! The 550 has 37k, I put about 10 on it. It also runs great, but not like the 750. I also need to put a new R/R in it and go over the wiring before I let it out the door.

Comment

Working...
                              X