Clip-ons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clip-ons

I put some 35mm Tarozzi off-set clip-ons from Disco Volante in the UK on my 1980 GS550E and really made it a different and much better bike. Before the GS was nice, reliable, and good looking but not exactly exciting in a visceral way to ride. Once I junked the old Superbike bars, which were still a lot better than the stockers, it became a new bike. Perfectly balanced, comfortable, and fun to ride. You feel like you're over the front wheel now. I'd never sell this bike. It's like a cafe racer but you're not all scrunched up. The bars are about $100+. You'll need to get the catalog but the price for that will be refunded when you order. This particular version has enough off-set that you they don't bang the tank or affect lock to lock turning and locking.

Got any pictures?
    Or a link to them?, the bar manufacturer?
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Yeah, try discovolantemoto.com and click on the handlebars on the Yamaha YZF400 and that will show you the various Tarozzi options. You'll still need to email them for a catalog but they're good people to deal with. The off-set bars are shown, called "Ace-Type". I got the 135mm off-set, the largest possible. They do come in various sizes to accommodate your fork tubes. My GS550E is 35mm, pretty common for that era on Japanese fours.

Comment

Working...
      X