Low Cost Waterproof Boots - Large Sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Cost Waterproof Boots - Large Sizes

I wear a size 16 and have not been able to find a good pair of waterproof boots available in my size at any price. Even the $200+ Cruiserworks boots stop at size 15.

I was delighted to find these in the catalogue and ordered a pair immediately. They are just under $80. I have had them for a couple of weeks now and I am very satisfied. They are very heavy duty (made by Bates), and pretty comfortable even though I am just starting to break them in. The waterproofing comes from GoreTex which certifies the quality for any product that uses their material. They even come with a removeable thinsulate booty.

The only issue is that they are very big boots (especially in my size) and you may have to adapt your shifting technique, particularly when they are new and stiff. I tried mine riding for the first time yesterday and was able to work the Nighthawk with the size 16s without too much trouble.

Sportsman's Guide carries top-quality discount Outdoor and Hunting Gear, Guns, Ammo, Fishing Supplies and more - all at great low prices!
    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
    80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Those look nice! Good price too.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Size 16??? I didn't know they had Sasquatch down in Florida...

Good find -- it's hard enough finding size 12 sometimes. They kinda have that combination combat boot/MX boot look. Muy macho.

Wouldn't Cruiserworks make you a pair?
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I've had a pair of those for about 7 years- issued free by uncle sam as an intermediate cold weather combat boot. They're a great boot and I wear them a lot during the winter but haven't tried riding with them. They do take some time to get broken in and the liners in mine are not removable so they're a little warm for summer wear. You got a good buy!

Comment

16?

Who started making waterproof snowshoes?

Comment

Working...
          X