helmet painting....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

helmet painting....?

I just had a new visor in smoke made for my Bieffe Polycarbonate lid. The difference of having no scratches is amazing, but next up I want to make the thing look a bit more cool, as for now it looks very USAF chopper pilot with teh black screen grey shell..

When I was a kid I was told that if you paint a poly lid its integity is compromised, same with solvents used in stickers.. Anyone able to bust this myth??? Cheers.. oh, and to all you Chistians Merry Xmas!! Disfrute

Howdy

remember hearing the same thing back in the 80's, but you should be able to apply a protective coat even if it is a problem.

There's a thread on OldSkoolSuzuki ("New Lid", recent) where a number of the guys are/have doing/done their helmets.

Try asking one of them.

chalk10

Comment

compromising helmet safety

My Arai warrenty states that if the helmet is painted it will void the warrenty. I do, however, know several of guys who have painted their expensive helmets and then crashed. Their lids didn't seem to be any more damaged than they whould have been otherwise.

It sucks, too, if you paint your helmet to match the bike, then get a different bike!

Mike

Comment

Working...
      X