Pleasing the tykes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pleasing the tykes

Pulled up beside an SUV the other day with a little dude in the back seat, about 5 or 6 I would guess. He was just looking over at me with the biggest grin on his face. He raised his hands as if on handle bars and acted like he was revving a bike so I did the same. His dad looked over at me and I nodded to the kid, he looked back saw the grin on the kid's face and popped one himself. The light turned green and I let the SUV pull ahead of me and then just cranked on the throttle through first and second and past them right as I hit about 7,000 in first and the kid was waving and the dad gave me a thumbs up.

No real point, kept it under the speed limit (55) and it was some good clean fun with a little guy and his dad. I felt like I had just made one or two people's day Well maybe not the dads because I am sure the kidding is bugging him to get a bike when he gets old enough! 8O :P

I'm sure the little guy was thrilled. Imagine what's going through his mind.
    Ahhhhh... Wouldn't it be nice to be that young again?
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
      I'm sure the little guy was thrilled. Imagine what's going through his mind.
      Ahhhhh... Wouldn't it be nice to be that young again?
      no bills, little respinsibility... dang it sure would be nice...

Either way Wesv it's nice to see someone brighten up someone else's day a bit. Way too many folks today are wrapped up in making themselves happy that they forget about others.

Comment

Thats a great story

Comment

Originally posted by skreemer
          no bills, little respinsibility... dang it sure would be nice...
          Funny, my thoughts about that no bills no responsibility time revolve around being on the parents' dollar, which meant owning a motorcycle was Verboten.

I'll fork over the 60 bucks a year, thanks.

Comment

My grandson always got a thrill out of me riding him around the neighborhood when he was 4. At age 6 I bought him his own little Suzuki and now I delight in seeing the grins on his face as he twists that throttle of his own. Kids, ya gotta love um.

Comment

Working...
            X