GSResources sucess story!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSResources sucess story!

I just wanted to give Kudos to the website becuase it brought two seperate projects together. I bought my GS 1000 a few months ago but it had been "customized". Someone tried to make it into a cruiser by putting on taller handle bars, chopping the rear part of the frame off and installing a rear fender and tail light from a Marader and a step seat from a harley sportser. It just looked Cheesy to me and I wanted to put it back to stock. I had posted a couple times regarding air pods and stock air boxes and had briefly mentioned that I wanted to return it to the stock look. Another member who was doing major frame custom work on his GS1000 saw my post and said he could provide me with the pieces I needed. Boy did he ever! Practically everything he was taking off his bike I wanted to put back on. He provided the rear portion of the frame which had the stock seat hinges and support for the rear fender and tail light. He also included tail piece assemebly, side covers, turn signals, stock headlight and mounts, chain gaurd, etc. We agreed on a price, which I considered totally fair (he paid the shipping). I sent a money order and on the same day he sent the parts. He didn't wait for the money order to arrive before sending the parts which I thought was really cool. So now I have the parts to make my bike look the way I want and he got rid of parts he didn't need without having to do the whole ebay thing. Plus he put a few bucks in his pocket to support his project which is really nice by the way. Steven you should post the pictures you sent me of your project. So hooray for GSResources and all it's members!

This forum is a perfect example of a working, completely functional family - (for the most part) .... 8)

Comment

What I like about motorcycle guys is the hotrodders and restorers get along just fine. My other hobby is Corvettes. The resto guys can't stand the rodders. How sad.
      I'm glad I could help , Kev. It would have been a shame to throw those parts away.
      I'm not savy enough to post a pic. But for those who haven't seen the Turbo GS1000 hardtail, just click the www button below.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelie
        What I like about motorcycle guys is the hotrodders and restorers get along just fine. My other hobby is Corvettes. The resto guys can't stand the rodders. How sad.
        I'm glad I could help , Kev. It would have been a shame to throw those parts away.
        I'm not savy enough to post a pic. But for those who haven't seen the Turbo GS1000 hardtail, just click the www button below.

Steve
        I agree, in my 4x4 forum, the ones who like to leave it stock can never get along with the guys who are lifting their trucks 10" in the air. This forum has got to be the most accepting of different ideas then most any I have ever seen. It says something about the type of people who ride these things!

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelie
          ... for those who haven't seen the Turbo GS1000 hardtail,
          love it!

Comment

Whoah!! Nice one in progress!

Comment

Good looking ride Wheelie! When you get it on the road I'll warn my brother not to mess with you. He lives in Trenton, IL & rides a VTX1800. I've tried to get him to a GS, but it's useless.

Comment

Working...
              X