Mac, V/Hines and Harris!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac, V/Hines and Harris!!

I just read some of the posts on the last few days regarding exhausts.
    I own a GS1000G and thought about putting on the Vance/Hines and the Mac, but after viewing them on other machines I don't like (my preference only) the way they sit really low to the ground.
    I looked around for a Alpha system but couldn't get hold of one (I used to have one on my GS1000G when I was 19)
    I decided to go ahead and get a 4-1 Harris system, I had to have it shipped from England, but I must say the chrome finish is wonderful.
    I have a friend in England that rides a Kawasaki Z1000ST with a Harris which sounds great, with no power loss and no real loud behind him.
    I have not even started mine yet, but will post a little note when it's done.
    If you do decide to go get a 4-1 pipe for any model, DONT buy the MOTAD system! it's crap and restricts any machine.

Thanks Phil.

Curious which V&H system?
    I have a V&H on my S and have never come close to it touching down.
    It allowed me to keep the center stand and easily get to the oil drain plug and filter.
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

V/H

Don't know which one actually, but I have seen a few that look like trombones attached to 4 downpipes.

Comment

Re: V/H

Originally posted by feelergaugephil
        Don't know which one actually, but I have seen a few that look like trombones attached to 4 downpipes.
        That would be the V&H Pro street. The V&H chrome megaphone like KGB and I have turn up more in the rear and the header is closer in.
        Don't forget to buy new exhaust gaskets for the new pipe, and make sure your bolts are in good condition and the correct length. Sometimes a new pipe means longer/shorter bolts.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Where did you get it? Prices, pictures, links???

TIA

Comment

Harris

If it's the Harris pipe you want..... see GS1000G PICS UPLOADED in the members section. I paid $650 (with Shipping) from England.
            I cant find my reciept for it, but scan over www.ebay.co.uk and search in there for it.
            Or even try google.com for Harris exhausts, the Company that I bought it from actually makes them.

Comment

Working...
            X