I'm getting a new helmet for Valentine's day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting a new helmet for Valentine's day

The wife told me she is going to buy me a new helmet . I decided to go look at one of our local dealerships. I found that within my price range, the HJC CL-14 looks to be a good match. It fits well and Newenough.com has some on clearance right now.

I have a helmet that I bought off Ebay last year and I hate it. It's a THH. The chin guard is so close to my mouth, that it actually touches.

Anyway, she was talking to a guy she goes to college with about it. He's a guy in his early 20's and rides a Hardley. He says to her "He doesn't need a helmet" and then says some comment about people on sport bikes look like monkeys humping a football. It astounds me that people are so arogant that they can't see the obvious.

I've been riding bikes since I was 8 years old and have had a MC endorsement since I first got my DL and have always worn a helmet. It's just one of those things that if you do it enough, you just feel uncomfortable without it.

I'm off my soapbox for now

Re: I'm getting a new helmet for Valentine's day

Consider the source. Fortunately, there is always a shortage of organ donors. Most HD drivers should buy a bus ticket instead anyhow.

Earl :-)

[quote="Katamaniac"]
    Anyway, she was talking to a guy she goes to college with about it. He's a guy in his early 20's and rides a Hardley. He says to her "He doesn't need a helmet" and then says some comment about people on sport bikes look like monkeys humping a football. It astounds me that people are so arogant that they can't see the obvious.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

When I first started riding I had a real cheap helmet and thought I looked kinda dorky on it. Then I started to remind myself that no matter how goofy I thought I looked, no one else could see who the dork was with the dumb helmet.

Honestly, I think the whole image thing that goes along with the owners of HD's has a lot to do with their decision to not where a helmet. You want to be seen riding your expensive machine. As stated, organ donors are always in short supply.

BTW, your wife wasn't considering rescinding on her decision to get you a helmet based on this guy's comment, was she?

Brad tt

Comment

BTW, your wife wasn't considering rescinding on her decision to get you a helmet based on this guy's comment, was she?
        No way! She knows that when I ride, I always wear all my safety gear. She is actually contemplating getting a bike this year. I told her she needs to take a MSF course before she decides weather to get one or not.

Comment

Re: I'm getting a new helmet for Valentine's day

Originally posted by Katamaniac
          Anyway, she was talking to a guy she goes to college with about it. He's a guy in his early 20's and rides a Hardley. He says to her "He doesn't need a helmet"
          I guess he doesn't need a helmet. Nuf sed.

Comment

I bought a HJC maybe the model 12 or 14, I forget.
            But she really likes it. Says the vents work well.
            She has the blue/white scheme with the tribal look.

Seems to be holding up pretty well.

Time for me to get a new one also

Your wife sounds like a smart lady.
            Keith
            -------------------------------------------
            1980 GS1000S, blue and white
            2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

My helmet is an HJC CL-14.

I love the venting, it fits well, and the blue,/silver/black colour scheme matches my baby!

As for riding without a helmet...Never! I intend to live to ride another day! Enough said!

Comment

I'll chime in... I own an HJC AC-11. Basically the same helmet just a touch lighter. I like the quick remove system they have and specifically on the AC-11 models the huge removable breath catchers...

I did try riding around the neighborhood once without a helmet on just to get the feel. I wear prescription glasses, so with just those for face/head protection I went down two block over one and right back to the house. About the fastest I went was 30mph. As soon as I got above 20mph the wind being cut by my glasses went right into my eyes and made them tear up something terrible.

I for the life of me can't figure out how some of these kids ride around without even sun glasses. For me full face is the way to go...

Comment

oh god.... THH.....

I bought that helmet for a spare....what crap!

The holes were drilled with a power tool or somethingk, and the general quality of the helmet i found to be pretty bad.

HJC, Shoei, Arai, are 3 pretty popular and reliable brands

Comment

I've owned HJC and Shoei and like them both but the Shoei prices are pretty high. I am really leaning toward the HJC.

I agree, the THH is a peice of crap. I actually get a sore neck from wearing it because of the way the wind hits it.

Comment

i recently got an AGV demon top vent and i couldn't be happier , great airflow ,no fogging, quiet , less than $200 new just try it on i usually wear a large in hjc and shoei and my agv is a medium, i would put it up against any hjc or shoei i have had for twice the money. plus it looks cool too

Comment

Working...
                      X