The perfect tool for removing stuck,stripped screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The perfect tool for removing stuck,stripped screws

Just ran over to the local hardware store to buy a screw extractor.
    Needless to say, the one I bought at Homer shattered inside the screw, really *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ing me off
    Well I found this product. GRABIT

Great price and can you believe, it worked on the first try.
    I have spent the last week trying to remove 3 allen screws off my fork brace so I could polish it right.
    Tried drilling them out...no good :x
    Tried cutting a slot in and beating out .... no good
    Bought the above mentioned extractor from Homer...broke inside
    Bought the GRABIT....... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Shazam, it worked like a mother. 8O 8O :twisted:
    I tell you, give this a try on those stuck screws and it should work like magic. 8) 8)
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Thanks, I wish I had one of these last week. I will have one soon. Do you know some places that sell them?
    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
    80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

I picked mine up at the local True Value.
      Their website says True Value, Ace and Sears stores
      Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
      2000 Kawasaki Concours
      Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Dang it Don, what have you "screwed" up now??? 8O

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Falke
          Dang it Don, what have you "screwed" up now??? 8O
          Look familiar?

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Soft Japanese metal meets Hunky Floridian with screwdriver! Screw loose.

Comment

Make sure you buy the Garb-it I have one of the Craftsman screw extractors that Bob Villa(?) sells on t.v. up here, it does nothing, just cuts up the screw more. I've seen the Grab-it up here at Canadian Tire I'll pick one up and try it. Thanks
              Ian

Comment

Originally posted by ian
                Make sure you buy the Garb-it I have one of the Craftsman screw extractors that Bob Villa(?) sells on t.v. up here, it does nothing, just cuts up the screw more. I've seen the Grab-it up here at Canadian Tire I'll pick one up and try it. Thanks
                Ian
                Ian, I had bought one of those "Craftsman" wonder tools last year.
                Total junk.
                Easily ruins the screw
                Never again.
                The GRABIT cost around $17 US and well worth.
                I ended up taking the Craftsman back and getting a wrench. At least I can trust that
                Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                2000 Kawasaki Concours
                Please wear ATGATT

Comment

While we are on the subject, where is a good place to get those little fine thread stainless steel metric screws that hold down the stator and stator wire? I have found the right sizes at the hardware store but they are aluminum. I know I can order them as parts off of a fiche, but they would run me considerably more than the 30 cents apiece I would have paid at the hardware store.

Nature bats last.

Comment

Don, I have picked up allen head screws of the same metric size and length at bolt and screw stores. Do you have any of those in your area? They only cost a few cents and are easier to extract than the phillips.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Falke
                      Don, I have picked up allen head screws of the same metric size and length at bolt and screw stores. Do you have any of those in your area? They only cost a few cents and are easier to extract than the phillips.
                      Michael, have you ever used allen head inside the stator cover? I am concerned about the clearance. We do have a fastener place in town; I am going to give it a try.

Nature bats last.

Comment

The head should not be any higher than that phillips head. If you are worried about it you can grind a millimeter or so off the top of the allen screw without affecting your ability to tighten or remove it. If you look where that screw is located it should not come close to anything rotating where it sits.

Comment

Wow,
                          I love it metric!! You guys in the U.S.A. always seem to hate anyting to do with it I thought you would all retap any thred to imperal if you had the chance.
                          ian

Comment

I'll let you in on a little secret ian, us Americans are all too lazy!

Comment

god damn mother *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ing piece of *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ mother *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$er! the *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ing screws on my intake boots are giving me a migraine. Once I pick this thing up, it better work, or im going to snap!

Comment

Working...
                              X