My new GS750L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new GS750L

About three weeks ago I bought a GS750L from a friend of a friend. The bike had been sitting in a garage for ten years. Well, I cleaned the carbs, cleaned out the rear brake, bought a new air filter, bought a new battery and polished up the chrome. Today I took it out for a test ride. It ran great. I went further than I expected and continued for a 70 mile ride to the nearby Columbia Gorage and back. Got her up to 90 mph! What a great bike.

congrats! the best part is, that theres plenty of good rides to come! :P

Comment

Lookin' good! Enjoy it!
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Looks nice, have fun.

Comment

Nothing says "Sexy" like a 750L.

That thing looks gorgeous with all the shiny stuff.

Comment

It looks extremely well kept. Great find man!

Comment

Looks great, enjoy 8)

Comment

Welcome to the group, and thanks for the cool story! The picture is AWESOME! I have a similar story, and rescued another 6 year Garage-Queen from a half-life in purgatory and put her back on the road, too.

IT is a great feeling feeling wheels turn that had not done so in years... the bike thanks you in her own way... mine does every time I get on.

Good job, nice save.

Comment

Heres my GS750L alive and well in Scotland. Imported to the Uk by a previous owner and bought as my first bike 6 months ago. It's top transport and used daily. Put 3,000 miles on it already. Looking forward to better weather so it stays clean. Perhaps some day I'll change the seat and the handle bars back to original.

Comment

Here's mine. Mostly 81 GS750L.

The story of my rebuild is in this forum called "
                    Blah blah rebuild blah blah blah"

Dm of mD

Comment

Since we are showing our stuff thought I would follow suit. Heres my 81 GS750L. Can any one spot the changes?

Comment

Originally posted by krabysniper
                        Since we are showing our stuff thought I would follow suit. Heres my 81 GS750L. Can any one spot the changes?

Lets see..
                        Caseguards
                        Handlebars
                        Tail rack
                        Exhaust
                        Mirrors
                        And I think your footpeg mounts are different...

Comment

This was made in Dec 1979, title is 1980. 8)

Comment

If my eyes don't deceive me isn't that first pic at Crown Point? I had never been further West than ST. Louis MO until October 2002 when I was sent to Portland for Training for a New job. Some of the Locals at the plant took us KY folks on a tour of the Gorge and then up to Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood. Gorgeous country out there, you guys have some Great riding destinations. Enjoy the Bike!
                            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Hey, I guess I shoulda been more specific on whether you could spot the "non GS 750 parts" rather than just changes, lol. But you did sorta spot the one big one I wanted to see if anyone would really notice, the passenger footpeg mounts/exhaust mounts. I won (can u really call it winning?) the exhaust from fleabay and when I got it found out it did not fit L models was meant for T models and rather than screw with spending a lot of money shipping parts back to losers who obviouosly new nothing about the cycle parts they were selling I figured out how to use them instead. Got the rear mounts from a T model and made some mods to make it work. The luggage rack was from an 850 model (which I discovered was slightly shorter in chasis lentgh than an L model so thats been slightly moded too. Handle bars were on the bike when I got it but are also non stock parts. Mirrors are aftermarket but I like them much better than the stock round ones. As to the case gaurds, I was led to believe these are for a 750L but maybe I was mislead, it fit perfectly though. I just wish the left side one didn't already have road rash when I got it.

Comment

Working...
                              X