Bike Bandit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bike Bandit

Not a Product review, but deserves an honorable mention.

I had an array of parts that were missing from my rear brakes. Plus my clutch push rod was slightly bent. Been waiting til I was ready to place an order.

Details: So, I go on to bikebandit.com I love their OEM section. Great schematics. I order 2 dust boots, the dust cap that goes over the caliper itself, the 2 shims that were missing and the Clutch push rod. I think that's all. I order them on Monday night - I check and the are on order from the manufacturer. I'm thinking it's going to take a while. I'm in no real hurry.

Results: To my surprise I get a SHipped notice on Friday. I check the United States Postal service tracking number and all I get is: "USPS has received notice of item ready to ship."
    Again, I'm in no hurry. So Last night when I got home from work my wife hands me a Bike Bandit package that was in the mail box.

I'll tell ya what, these people flat out ROCK. Every item is in a Suzuki factory bag. All OEM and all within 7 days.

Gotta love Bike Bandit. Only problem is that I'm running out of places to put their Stickers. LOL.

Now I admit that they aren't the cheapest, yet when you need the OEM stuff that you can't find anywhere else, they are just awesome to deal with. I've not had any problems with anything I've gotten from them. I also save up my orders as the shipping on the small stuff is $6. Last year I paid $9 for the little rubber on my shifter. So I've learned to save up my orders when I can.

I have had identical experiences with them on many occasions Dave.

I love that place.

Comment

Those guys have about $300 of my money from this year alone. So far I have bought all Suzuki OEM for:

Clutch disks and fibers
      Front caliper and master cyl rebuild
      Cam chain tensioner rebuild
      Engine cover emblems
      Numorous OEM gaskets
      All new cables
      Fork seals
      New intake rubbers and clamps
      Misc nuts and bolts
      Brake pads

I don't care about shopping around. I only wish they would pick up shipping charges if I spend over $100.

Also, I should note that out of the 5 orders I have placed in the past few months, I had a different experience with the timing. Not one order has made it to me in less than 2 weeks, 1 order took 3 1/2 weeks. But again, it's winter here, and I will always order from them because I know I will eventually get exactly what I wanted. And the site is super easy to navigate. Find your schematic, find the part number, fill in amount and click add to cart. Too easy, as is evident by my excessive tab with them.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
        I don't care about shopping around. I only wish they would pick up shipping charges if I spend over $100.
        Be sure to suggest that. They need to hear customers saying it to make them move.

I am one also who doesn't worry about that. Convenience is far more important when it comes to hit or miss vintage bike parts.

I shop around more for a new car. But not parts that are getting harder to find.

Comment

ditto for me. I got 4 intake boots in about 4 days from ordering, in packaging that could have survived a 30000 foot drop.

Comment

Parts

I located Bike bandit about 2 years ago, I bought some items from them for my Honda ATC200 big red, order was with me within a week!
            I purchased over $1500 worth of stuff for my GS1000G, and find them 100% accurate and great people to deal with.
            NO PROBLEMS WITH THEM WHATSOEVER> AAAAAA+++

Comment

I just placed another order tonight. I needed the rubber boots for my brake calipers. The o-rings for the front pin of the front caliper and a few other bits. All are in stock and should ship in three days.

And the best part is the way they bill you. My credit card will not be charged until after I have received all my parts so I can place the order tonight even though I wont have the money until Thursday. Sounds risky huh? It isn't, I do it that way every time LOL!

I love these guys

Comment

I concur, but...

I usually shop between Bike Bandit and crotchrocket.com, with CR's prices being around 50% less than BB in many cases.

- Tony

Comment

Love Bike Bandit

Bike Bandit has shipped mucho fast for me....I get great parts in less than a week!! Love it....I would rather bye from them than my local "know it all" Suzuki Dealer. Go Bike Bandit!

Comment

I also love this place I've got about 600.00 invested.the other day I was coming home from work and I heard a tinny ting,ting,ting,.... as i come out of the corner,Ilooked in my mirror and seen a small shiny thing roll across the road as a car ran over it I realized It was one of my chrome cam covers.I was devastated. I thought where am I gonna find one of these.Well of course I got on Bike Bandit and they had em.I think I might replace the others now too!!

Comment

I just ordered an air filter from them...their price beat JC Whitney's by a buck or two.

I went to look up a left frame cover, and DID have a coronary when I saw they were charging $80 for it! I thought Oldkawman was bad with his $40 something price...heck THAT'S a deal now!

But I WAS impressed with their OEM section as well...the schematics, and the fact that I WILL be able to find parts for my 750 L if the time comes for me to need to find stuff.

Comment

FYI, CrotchRocket has the same OEM stuff as BikeBandit and dramatically better prices.

Comment

I just called CrotchRocket yesterday to try to find a left cover, and they said they don't have anything in stock, and most everything that old isn't made any more anyway. They weren't very helpful.

Comment

Hmm... you can at least add it to a cart on their website. I'll admit I've not ordered from them yet (although I think some others on here have?). Part number is 47211-45200 assuming I'm looking at the fiche properly.

Comment

I stand corrected. I see it there now. I hadn't looked at the fiche section. Thanks for the help there...

Comment

Working...
                              X