Interesting Sunday ride...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Sunday ride...

So my dad calls to go for a ride to check out this road that has just recently been paved. I head out to the meeting spot, a gas station north of town a ways, on the edge of where the "country" starts and the "city" stops.

On the way up there, my bike is slooooow. Really slow. I get to the gas station...she's only running on 3 cylinders. Which she's done once or twice before...she usually clears out and runs on 4 shortly thereafter.

I'm stopped at the gas station parking lot, pulled in next to a Jeep Cherokee, just hanging out, trying to warm up my hands. This dude comes out and says something to me about "Why you hanging out by my truck" and then he glares at me several times and then moves it to park in front of one of the pumps.

My dad doesn't show up for a little while, so I head further north to make sure he and I were talking about the same place. I head back to the first gas station (bike still running on 3 cylinders, which sucks...won't hold 60mph in 5th gear, LOL) Get back to the station, the Jeep is back where it was originally. I park somewhere else.

Dad shows up, we head off. Temps are in the low 40's btw, and my summer weight riding gloves are NOT keeping my hands warm. Still on 3 cylinders.

We get to the newly paved section...it's NICE. Wide open, lotsa curves, smooth as glass...SWEET! Bike is running on 4 cylinders now. She's running like a raped ape. :twisted: I take off, blasting through the corners, falling in love with riding again. It was awesome.

We make our loop, and my dad heads off to his house, and I head home...then I notice that white flakes are falling from the sky on me....yep. It was snowing. First time it's ever snowed while I was riding. Now, the only precipitation I haven't ridden in at least once is hail, frogs, locusts, and men.

Fun time...my fingers are still cold though...

haha Fun Times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Comment

man....frogs are *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ty..

Comment

Working...
      X