HJC Helmets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJC Helmets?

These are on sale, anybody used these before??

HJC-CS-12, on sale for like 85 bucks.

Re: HJC Helmets?

Originally posted by MichaelHoward
    These are on sale, anybody used these before??

HJC-CS-12, on sale for like 85 bucks.

http://www.newenough.com/hjc_cs12_me...ge_private.htm

I haven?t but I do use HJC helmets. They all seem good to me.
    At that price it is a good buy.

Comment

I'd try an HJC helmet on and then decide. I have trouble finding helmets that fit good and HJCs are one of the few that fit me well. Mostly I've had CL5 open face or FGs but I have also had a few full face and they all fit very well and I thought the were a good helmets.

Comment

I have a HJC. I think it is a CL10?? maybe. Nice full face helmet that works and fits quite well. 8) 8)
        Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
        2000 Kawasaki Concours
        Please wear ATGATT

Comment

My wife and I both wear CL-12 helmets in white. They're cheap, comfortable, and Snell approved. We've had ours for two seasons. We bought online after several years riding dualsport with open faced CL-5 helmets. They're a little heavier and suffer from a little more wind noise than top line helmets, but they cost one-fifth as much while offering top-of-the-line protection. You should wear ear plugs on the freeway regardless of helmet type. $85 USD would be a very good price.

Comment

Ok, thanks evryone, I love Nolan Helmets but, money is tight right now and I am trying to get by this year on something cheaper. Guess I will order 2 of these then.

Thanks 8)

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelHoward
              Ok, thanks evryone, I love Nolan Helmets but, money is tight right now and I am trying to get by this year on something cheaper. Guess I will order 2 of these then.

Thanks 8)
              I've had a few Nolans in the past and I've found that the HJC and Nolan sizes and shapes are pretty simular, but I'd still try one on before buying.

Comment

Ok, I will check the local shops, hope they have some to try on.

Comment

I just bought a Sy-Max. Love it.
                  Currently bikeless
                  '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                  '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
                    I just bought a Sy-Max. Love it.
                    That's the one I am using right now. Mine is black:

Comment

Michael,

I have the the HJC CL-14 and I really like it. The CL-12 is cheaper because the model is a few years old and they are trying to unload it.

These helmets are reasonably priced and I find that my big noggin feels pretty good in mine. I even took a 1000 mi road trip last year and my helmet was the last thing on my mind. My backside going to sleep every hour was the real problem .

-Jon
                      16 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT with 175hp stock, no upgrades required...
                      13 Yamaha WR450 with FMF pipe, Baja Designs street legal kit
                      78 GS750E finely tuned with:

78 KZ1000 in pieces with:
                      Rust, new ignition, burnt valves and CLEAN carbs!

History book:
                      02 GSF1200S Bandit (it was awesome)
                      12 Aprilia Shiver 750
                      82 GS1100G

83 Kaw 440LTD

Comment

Mine is silver!
                        Currently bikeless
                        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I have a CL-12 and it is fantastic. They are light years better than the comparable Bell helmet and cost less. The best part of the helmet is that you can remove the lens quickly and without fear of damaging anything. They don't loosen up too much either, that includes visor fitment and head to foam fitment.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by srivett2
                            ...you can remove the lens quickly and without fear of damaging anything.
                            Just be careful to reinstall the visor correctly. They can blow off when you do a freeway shoulder check if the visor tabs don't hook up correctly. I wish I could better describe how to avoid the problem, but others have already done so in better fashion - check the 'net. Regardless, examine closely how the visor is retained at two places: the hinges and the visor tab in the track on the helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
                              Mine is silver!
                              Mine is "going" to be orange eventually

Comment

Working...
                              X