Great Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Story

This isn't about bikes, but if you've ever been on one of the New Hampshire rides, you know the area, and might just know the feeling.

Bear Notch Road

Dude, this excerpt is especially hillarious, as if the rest of that story wasn't:

For you folk out there that have not encountered a moose before, I need to educate you on moose dynamics. Picture a 1,200 pound bag of meat balance precariously atop four foot tall pipecleaners. Now, imagine this meatbag ungracefully running at improbable speeds in directions that seem to make no sense whatsoever. That's a moose, except a moose is dumber than that bag of meat.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

That was long..but really good

Comment

That Bear Notch road is one I've ridden! I did the Kank and went up to Bar Harbor on that trip. Kick myself for missing "The Old Man of the Mountains" and now it's too late. Got an analog pic of my 550 at the beginning of that road. Small world!

Comment

When I was stationed in Idaho Falls I remember an incident with a Moose.

We were on 5 days off heading up to the Tetons and came up behind a Volkswagen Bug. We followed the Bug for a few miles after we got into the Targee National Forest, came around a bend in the road and saw the Bug stopped ahead. We slowed down and stopped to see what was going on.

It turned out that the Guys in the Bug were two Ensigns from the Officers class at Prototype and they stopped because there was a Bull Moose standing in the middle of there lane.

When we got there one of the Ensigns was out of the car yelling at the Moose to get it to move off the road. The Moose Ignored him and just stood there. Then he started yelling while jumping up and down and waving his arms, the Moose started to watch him. I got back in my car at this point. He tried several other combinations of jumping, yelling, and gesturing the Moose watched on.

At this point the Ensign had a flash of inspiration and had his buddy open the trunk (front) of the bug, took out a wrench ant threw it at the Moose hitting him in the side.

The Moose turned to face them, lowered his head, the Ensign jumped back into the VW at this point, and the Moose charged. The VW was knocked off of the Roadway and ended up upside down with the front bumper almost touching the windshield.

The Moose looked at it for a second, shook his head, and leisurely walked away. We gave the Ensigns a ride into Jackson but every time we saw the guy who through the wrench after that we addressed him as Ensign Moose.

We also make quite a few comments about anyone who would go around antagonizing something 10 times his size and then hide out in a tin can.

Comment

Working...
          X