GSer 4 LIFE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSer 4 LIFE

It all started at age 18 when I was out running one day and saw an elderly gentlemen rolling his 1980 GS450L to the curb with a 4 SALE sign on it. He told me how he was the only owner and he loved that bike but his doctor and wife both told him he was in no health to ever ride again. I had wanted a motorcycle for a while, and I figured right around $300 was a good price for a starter bike. My original intentions were to learn how to ride on it and sell it for a crotch rocket right away like all the other guys my age had. I talked it over with the parents, who told me I couldn't get it, so naturally I did it anyway. I called the old man to close the deal and much to my surprise he told me that he didn?t want to sell it anymore even if he could never ride it again. I begged with him and thanks to much encouragement from his wife, he agreed to sell it, as long as I agreed to wear a helmet and never beat on it. I learned how to ride a motorcycle on the drive home and as soon as I got the hang of it I was in love. I instantly adored how her old burnt out exhaust roared at me. I quickly named her Suzy Suzuki. I never had any prior knowledge of mechanical work but I considered my self a smart kid and figured I could learn quickly, so I did just that. Before much time at all I had stripped the entire bike so I could paint the tank and frame a brilliant metallic Porsche Blue. During that time I replaced oodles of internal parts and attached blue neon lights under the tank that glow over the engine. I soon came to realize that I would never be getting that crotch rocket I had planned on because I had developed a deep irreplaceable love for my Suzy Suzuki.

Very nice story.

Comment

Yep, they grow on you don't they.

Best part is that they are paid for. 8)

Comment

Great story.

Brilliant metallic blue......I wonder how that would look on a GS1100G? :roll:
        "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
        Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by DMPLATT
          Best part is that they are paid for. 8)

I still make payments on mine, I just call them repairs

Comment

Awe come on! A story like that and no pictures!!!

We need to see Suzy Suzuki

Comment

Cool story for sure. They are an infectious bike. Plenty of power, comfortable, and damn near bulletproof I am finding. I bought my "starter bike" 4 years ago now, thinking I would have been on a Yamaha FZ1 or SV1000 LONG ago. And the stupid bike never gives me a reason to "upgrade". Heh, fine by me, I like the GS650s more and more every day. Good choice on the new ride, and enjoy!!

Comment

Working...
              X