what a day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what a day

so allot of you know the problems I've had out of my 850L seems like everytime a sort one problem out I seem to find another. Well this morning I finished my work on my carbs, was having alot of trouble with my stage 3 jet kit, so after talking to a buddy of mine that is a mechanic, this morning, i went one size smaller on my main jets wich was in the "dyno" kit 110's instead of 115's, I also replaced the stock idle jets because the bike just wouldn't idle properly. So I got it all back together and I looked at it for a minute. Still frusterated taht I haven't been able to ride her, knowing the potential of a GS. So I putted around the neighborhood for a minute and realize that hey she seems to really be running right. I call my Brother in Law and tell him hey bro, lets head for 29 dreams for the breakfast buffet, I meet him at his house, was early so I didn't get in it at all on the way to his house, 1. I didn't want to hurt myself since i was a bit hungover and half asleep. and 2. I had a fear of hurting her since she hasn't been ridden in many years. So were at his house and we pull out, he rides an R1, so we cruise to Hwy. 25 and make that right to head for the summit of the mountain and the most fun 180 that this area has to offer. I knew when he hit the road that he would really be gunning down so i think, ok suzi hunny don't let me down, make me proud. So there I am, I make my turn and just as I anticpated I see the R1 walking on the rear wheel then as it drops it slingshots like a rocket, So I knew it was my turn to get in the throtlle, I rolled hard on the throttle and hard off the clutch, guys my old 850L "cruiser" brought the front wheel up at least 6inches and tore down 25 like I never thought she would, it was just at that moment that i sighed a sigh of relief knowing that She was alive and was a good investment after all. We logged about 350 total miles today, my only gripe was the gas milage, wich was quite a bit worse than my 750, i had to fill up 3 times wich is ok since we were rideing pretty hard. We made it to 29 dreams and stayed there for breakfest and a few beers before we were off again, she did so well i'm so proud, i'm sunburnt and my neck is sore, my hands hurt, and i'm the happiest ole bama boy on the block, I LOVE THE SUMMER!!!! IT'S FINALLY HERE AGAIN, BE SAFE ALL AND KEEP SUZI SCREAMING, "YOU KNOW SHE WILL"

Gotta love any story that involves a GS getting the front wheel off the ground. Good stuff.

Comment

Pancakes, syrup, sausage and beer? Man,those Bama boys are tough or at least really, really strange. :-) EWE!

Earl
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

actually earl, was more like gravy & biscuits, and sausage and bacon and eggs, and grits, and beer

Comment

Please, please, NEVER say that again. I feel sooooooo ill. LOL

Earl :-)

Originally posted by loghomeartist
          actually earl, was more like gravy & biscuits, and sausage and bacon and eggs, and grits, and beer
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
          X