Berrymens B12 Chemtool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berrymens B12 Chemtool

I let my bike sit for several months, went to ride one day and found that it wouldn"t run over 5500 rpm. I really didn't want to get into the carburetors especially with all the free time I have. A friend recomended the above titled product. I used it and it worked great! I was awe-struck! After letting it run a while it was as back to normal! Saved me a lot of time and headaches.

Are you saying you added it to your gas? Do you have a website, or where did you get it?

Comment

Berryman Products is a family-owned company that has been providing high-quality products since 1918. We offer a wide range of products, including electronic cleaners, fuel additives, and more. Visit our website to learn more about our products and how they can help you.

Never used it myself but might not be to good for o-rings
      As stated on there website:

Berryman's B-12 Chemtool
      Berryman's B-12 Chemtool has been widely acclaimed to work in areas which have absolutely nothing to do with carburetor or choke cleaning. Many of our customers us the B-12 to clean gun parts, small metal gears, and mechanical assemblies of all types. Due to the chemical properties of this product, which include fast evaporation, no lingering residue, and no color of its own, it has been a product of choice for many to clean parts prior to painting or coating. We do not recommend this product for cleaning of rubber or plastic parts. Any non-metal cleaning needs should be tested prior to actual cleaning to check for compatibility.

Comment

berrymens b12 chemtool

i added it to the gas like the instructions said

as far as it eating the o-rings i can't be 100% that it doesn't, but the stuff is specifically made to go into the gas tank so i'm willing to gamble that it wont eat anything away as long as you use the recomended mixture. i think that warning on cleaning rubber and plastic should be taken in context with that paragraph, talking about using chemtool for things other than specified for. i've seen gasoline eat through rubbers and plastics.

Comment

oh yeah.......i got it at the local autoparts store...less than $5. the friend who recomended it said it was the only stuff that could make his bucket of a car run right.

Comment

i've seen gasoline eat through rubbers
            That's why I no longer keep a jar of gasoline on the bedside table.
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
              i've seen gasoline eat through rubbers
              That's why I no longer keep a jar of gasoline on the bedside table.

Too Much!
              1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
              1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

All Berryman products are good I hear. I ended up getting some carb dip made by Gunk. Figured I would do a review of it too since you made me think of it.

Comment

I was approaching the "I'll try anything" stage with the 550 and the carbs. Figured before I took them off a third time and cleaned 'em again, I'd try SeaFoam in the tank. Well turns out SeaFoam is $6 and Chemtool B-12 was only $2.79. I'm not frugal, I'm cheap. Besides I read lots of good things about Berryman's here.

And I really can't believe it, but this stuff WORKED. Took a tank of fuel, 'bout three gallons, and things cleared up. I'm sold on this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ante
                    oh yeah.......i got it at the local autoparts store...less than $5. the friend who recomended it said it was the only stuff that could make his bucket of a car run right.
                    I have used B-12 in the gas tank and the crankcase in every car I've owned.

Pop a can down the oil filler and run the car for 5 minutes before an oil change.. you'll be amazed at the difference it makes. Then put a can in a full gas tank (car... measure the proper amount in your bike) and watch her go!

Haven't used it in the oil on the bike, dunno what it will do to the wet clutch.

Comment

You can get Berryman's B-12 Chemtool at Walmart for about 2 bucks.

It has other uses: stripping paint or degreasing metal, melting plastic, etc.

If you sniff it enough, it makes you feel funny :roll:

Seriously, though, it is cheap, effective, and powerful. I put it in the gasoline to clean the carbs, and my bike seems to run a lot better now.

Matt

Comment

Seafoam (mentioned previously) has a different purpose than B12. If you want to remove carbon from your cylinder heads/pistons.. SeaFoam is the only way to go. I just sprayed some SeaFoam 'deep creep' spray on a piston outta my '77 550 (heavy layer of crusty hard carbon). In a few minutes the carbon just wipes off. I wish I had known about this stuff years ago!

B12 will clean the varnish and deposits off carbs like nobody's business..

Comment

I thought of an idea for using seafoam to de carbonize the piston and cylinder head. What about this:

Run engine up to operating temp. Remove spark plugs, spray a small amount of deep creep, or pour a small amt of seafoam into combustion chamber, replace the plugs, wait 10-15 minutes, remove the plugs and turn the engine over a few times to make sure there is no liquid in the cylinder, then replace the plugs and fire it up.

Maybe it's not a good idea, I don't know.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by BigMattyD
                            I thought of an idea for using seafoam to de carbonize the piston and cylinder head. What about this:

Run engine up to operating temp. Remove spark plugs, spray a small amount of deep creep, or pour a small amt of seafoam into combustion chamber, replace the plugs, wait 10-15 minutes, remove the plugs and turn the engine over a few times to make sure there is no liquid in the cylinder, then replace the plugs and fire it up.

Maybe it's not a good idea, I don't know.

Matt
                            The instructions for SeaFoam describe a procedure where you use a vacuum line to 'suck' the stuff into the engine... Your idea would probably work, but I wouldn't want to remove the spark plugs from a hot aluminum head engine. When I store my bike for the winter, I use Deep Creep as a foggin oil, run the engine and blast it into the intake...

You could use it cold methinks, without any problem. My short test was just a little squirt on the top of a really carboned up piston.. Worked absolute wonders.

Comment

I have used seafoam in the intakes of all my cars, where it is easy to find a vacuum line. The intake on the bike is horizontal, which means I can't pour it into the carbs to distribute it to the cylinders.

matt

Comment

Working...
                              X