Learning how awesome bikers are

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learning how awesome bikers are

As some of you may have read in my GS Owners thread...I'm a new rider, and a new GS owner. Last summer, the first summer I had my 750L, I was taking the bike to Church on a beautiful Sunday morning. About 5 minutes from my house, the bike suddenly dies on me. I groaned. I had a bad feeling that I had lost a fuse, as the previous owner told me that this bike had a tendency to do that.

I looked down, and sure enough, one of the fuses had fallen out of the bike. Not good. I pulled the bike off to the side of the road, and started looking where I thought it might have fallen out, but with no luck. As I was looking, another biker had passed me, but then circled around and came back. Here I was, in my khakis and collared shirt, and a complete stranger in black leather, and unshaven pulled up and said, "Hey, you ok? What's wrong?" This was my first experience with another biker, and I was really surprised. Here I am, "Preppy boy", and a guy that I normally wouldn't have had much contact with pulled off to help me out! I was blown away by his helpfulness. "Don't judge a book by it's cover" was the lesson learned for me for the day.

I thanked him for his concern, but told him I had just lost a fuse, and was sure I'd find it somewhere. He offered a cell phone for some help, but I explained I was close to home, and if all else failed, I'd just walk the bike home and figure something out. Satisfied that I'd be ok, he went ahead and took off.

I ended up finding the fuse IN the bike. Popped it back in, started it back up, and rode to church. Later that day after I got home, I proceeded to electrical tape up the fuse block, so it wouldn't pop out so easily next time.

And it was that day, that I gained a whole new respect for the "biker brotherhood" or whatever you'd like to call it.

Good Story. Bikers tend to ALWAYS offer a helping hand to other Bikers NO matter what Brand either one is riding.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
    X