I learned today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I learned today...

...that even on the centerstand, you should support the front of a bike with a jack BEFORE taking the front wheel off... And that bored construction workers picking up materials are your best friend I should have given that guy a beer!

You are the only person in the world who has made that dumb move
    If i had a dollar for every mistake....... oh well

Comment

Re: I learned today...

It seems to me that because sitting on the centerstand, the bike will be sitting on the front tire and the centerstand with the rear wheel in the air, it would be obvious what would happen. :-) Uhh, I put a concrete block with a 2 x 4 on top of it underneat the engine. Just put the block with 2 x 4 in front of the engine, reach down with your left hand and pick up the front of the bike a couple inches, hold it, and slide the block and wood underneath. The front tire will be a couple inches off the floor. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by ZacharyB
      ...that even on the centerstand, you should support the front of a bike with a jack BEFORE taking the front wheel off... And that bored construction workers picking up materials are your best friend I should have given that guy a beer!
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

So, would that tbe why you've been falling over in your driveway? No front wheel? :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by 1100ed
        If i had a dollar for every mistak
        e....... oh well
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Also, if you have jack stands, they can serve the same purpose. Just set one under each side of the frame.

Brad tt

Comment

I had to lower the bike some way Earl 8O

Originally posted by earlfor
            So, would that tbe why you've been falling over in your driveway? No front wheel? :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by 1100ed
            If i had a dollar for every mistak
            e....... oh well

Comment

It's also a bad idea to try to swap out fork springs with the bike just on the centerstand. I miss my left eye

Comment

Originally posted by senasane
                It's also a bad idea to try to swap out fork springs with the bike just on the centerstand. I miss my left eye
                Ha ha ha that would have been my next mistake I can see it so clearly
                [img]ftp://members.aol.com/zackatrisd2/yeowtch.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X