SS Brake Lines From Cyclebrakes.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Brake Lines From Cyclebrakes.com

I recently installed a custom stainless steel brake line from CycleBrakes to replace my stock rear line. I had orginally planned to go with universal lines and screw-on ends but then came across CycleBrakes' web site. $55 for a coated 39.5 inch line with crimped banjo ends, including new crush washers and banjo bolts. Roughly the same price as a universal set. I did all the ordering via telephone and the sales person was very helpful (even called me back to confirm that the order had shipped and to give info on some caliper rebuild kits I had asked about). The line is exactly as I had described it to the sales person and works great.

I recommend giving them a try if you're looking for new lines and can't find pre-fabbed from russell or goodrich.

BTW, I'd recommend going with a 38.5 inch line for the '82/'83 1100E rather than 39.5, which was my call.

Crimped lines are much superior to screw on fittings, IMO.

Those look like nice lines, and the price is fair as well.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
    X