Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Rocket - Meteor 4 - Textile Jacket

Joe Rocket - Meteor 4 Textile Jacket

I picked up this jacket almost a month ago. I got it on clearence at newenough for just over 100.00 shipped. Ive been lucky enough to ride on cooler damp days as well as sunny warm days. So far im extremely pleased with the jacket. I have yet to be Hot (with the vents open) on warm days or cold (without the liner) on cool damp days.

Originally the jacket felt very heavy (actual weight) and stiff. After a few rides it loosened up a little and doesnt feel too heavy for comfort. It has armor in the shoulders, elbows, and back. Also included is a removeable liner. I have yet to ride with the liner in, as its been fairly comfortable riding weather.

The venting works pretty good. Ive been kept cool on all of my rides on warm days. Like most jackets, it gets pretty warm while sitting in traffic. What doesnt help matters is that im completely covered as it is. I wear work boots, jeans, my new jacket, gloves, and a full faced helmet.

The venting zippers are a little hard to get to while in motion. Sometimes it takes a little persuation to get the velcro open and the zipper up or down. The zippers for the pockets are the same way.

I like the overall look of the jacket. I had my doubts when looking at it online but after seeing it in person it looks much better. The fit is good on me. Fits good in the chest (no adjustment) and everything else can be adjusted. Sleeves can be snugged up to hold armor in place, waist can be snugged up as well. The wrists are a good size for covering up gloves on cool mornings (so air doesnt vent into the jacket and accross your back)

If you dont like riding with armor it can be easily taken out through pockets on the outside of the jacket. The reflective stripe is a nice touch. It is easily seen indoors while on a hanger, so i would assume its much brighter in the sun outdoors.

The jacket can be found at the link below
    Joe Rocket Meteor 4

I must say that the service i recieved from newenough.com was amazing. I couldnt believe that i got an email from a sales person and a follow up after the purchase. Tracking was made easy and it arrived sooner than i anticipated.

I will definately be doing all of my riding aparel purchases from newenough.

Hope this helps if you were looking at this jacket.

Looks like my Belstaff Avalon jacket. Great price you got it for.
    Best part of textile jackets are easy maintenance. Fit right in that ol' Maytag. Right fperrault!

Comment

I've been extremely pleased with several purchases from New Enough. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Originally posted by johnnyh750ex
      Best part of textile jackets are easy maintenance. Fit right in that ol' Maytag. Right fperrault!
      Instead of waiting for the washer, simply go for a long fast ride in the rain. It cleans those pesky bugs right off...
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

New Enough is on my highly recommended list also

Comment

Hey xxwaldoxx! Same question. How do you like your jacket after one year. I'm fixing to buy a new textile jacket this week. Thanks!

Comment

Ive been using the jacket for a little over 6 months now. Ive been really pleased with it.

In the summer the jacket gets really hot while stopped in traffic. The venting works fairly well when moving. Your beast bet is to wear a short sleave light shirt under the jacket when its gets above 85 degrees.

I just recently put the liner in for winter rides. The jacket is great for when it gets cooler. I was out the other day (around 24 degrees) wearing a thermal shirt with a t-shirt under the jacket and i wasnt cold at all. I am pleasently surprised at how versatile this jacket is.

Now for the most important thing...

In September my brother dumped his bike. Fortunately he happened to be wearing my jacket and gloves at the time. He was pulling away from a stop sign making a 90 degree turn when he hit some loose cinders that got kicked up before street cleaning. He was thrown over the bike while moving at about 10 mph. After he got the bike up, and went home he called and i went to see him. The bike had $1200 in damage and my jacket had only a slight scuff on the left shoulder and elbow pads, no other damage.

He went to the hospital to be checked out as a precaution. He had some road rash and bruising on his legs. His upper body was completely fine, not so much as a scratch on him.

After the incident with my brother im completely convinced that this jacket is safe and a great product overall. I reccomend this jacket to anyone who is looking for a textile jacket.

Comment

Those pads look like they are removable. i wonder if you could buy new ones to replace the scuffed ones. Just a thought. Thanks for the great review. Sounds like a great jacket.

Comment

i boght an alter ego (joe rocket)from new enough works very good in the cold (30,s) also has a dry rain liner skin zipps off to a nice mesh have,nt used it real warm weather yet but it 75 today maybe i,ll give it a try ohyea went out in garage and it looks like my 1150 was humping on the new bandit wonder what those will look like

Comment

I have two of these and I like them.
                  It's a Joe Rocket Atomic with a removable liner. (vest)
                  New Enough is the place to buy. Very good service.

Comment

The Meteor looks great. Is there a women's equivalent?? My wife needs a good jacket.

TIA!

- Mark

Comment

Oh, here it is:

Take advantage of our bargain basement pricing on this group of ladies jackets. Also think about this style for youth too. My previous comments on this...

Comment

The Meteor looks great. Is there a women's equivalent?? My wife needs a good jacket.

TIA!

- Mark

YES. I just got the Meteor in red and a matching one for the wife. The womans ones are not just small mens sizes but cut for a woman. Got them both a Newenough. They were delivered to the door before I could finish the credit card information page. Well, not quite, but fast shipping and real nice to deal with.

Comment

I've got a question for the other Joe Rocket owners in this thread. I've got a JR Meteor 4 too, and a JR tail bag, and I've had the same thing happen to both; one or two zipper handles have broken off. Not a huge deal, but it is kind of annoying. Has anybody else experienced this?

Comment

Working...
                          X