X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro Grip - No-Fog & Light Sensitive Insert

Purchased From - www.tricktape.com
    Price - 14.99 + S&H

I recently purchased a helmet insert that i thought would be nice to have. Its an insert that goes into "almost any full faced helmet". Its light sensetive, so it gets lighter and darker during the ride as lighting changes. In addition to the light feature it also is antifog.

My first reaction when opening the package was that i wasnt happy. I was under the impression that it was a sheet of film that i would apply like typical automotive tint, then trim off. The insert is alot thicker than tint and has an adhesive gasket around the outside. It is up to you to get it centered and correctly in place.

I wasnt happy with the instructions. I found that i needed to read it 3-4 times to completely understand exactly what i was supposed to do. Once i knew how to put it on, it was pretty simple.

Clean surface, apply powder free gloves, Remove scratch covers, carefully apply insert, press into place and let sit for 24 hrs, and your done.

I geared up and rode to work well before sunrise. Riding to work in the cool morning i had the face shield down the whole ride. The entire bottom section of my visor was fogged up (where the insert was not covering) but where the insert was, was completely fog free and clear. I thought that the gasket that holds the insert on was going to be a problem as it would draw my eyes. Turns out that it was far enough out of my view that it didnt cause any problems at all.

During the ride home it was nice and sunny. Perfect chance to check out the light sensetivities. The insert did change and get darker during the ride. Unfortunately it didnt get dark enough for my liking. Sun glasses are still going to have to be warn. I was hoping i could get rid of them for added convience but that wasnt the case.

Bottom line is, i think the insert was worth it simply for its anti-fog feature. I typically have a fog problem every time its gets cool in the morning, when i ride to work. I get lots of fog and have to open and close my visor at every stop. Seems that wont be a problem anymore. I wouldnt reccomend buying one if your looking to replace your sunglasses.

I purchased the ultra clear lens. They come in mirrored styles as well

A couple pics of the insert in place

I might need to check that out, I have Fogging issues even when it' s not all that cool out. :?
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

About a month and a half ago when it was cold out in the mornings, i dreaded taking the bike out. I would have to leave the mask open a bit so it wouldnt fog up. My face would feel numb by the time i got to work. The ride home was excellent in the afternoon.

I think normally $15.00 would be too expensive to fix a fog problem, however my problem was pretty bad. I was getting alot of fogging even with the face shield vent open.

In the long run i feel that the cost was justified when i got zero fogging in my field of vision. The light and dark phasing is just a plus at this point.

Comment

Working...
      X