MC Enterprises and Pro Sport O-ring highway pegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MC Enterprises and Pro Sport O-ring highway pegs

I had installed MC Enterprises' 1"-clamp heavy O-ring-type highway pegs, but yesterday the right-side one fell off on the road! Everything to the right of the thick black bolt had come away and departed. When I got home I found the one on the left was loose; all this despite having tightened everything down nice and snug.... I ordered new ones, these almost identical but labelled "Pro Sport." These are made in Taiwan; I believe the MC ones were marked as "Made in USA" but I could be wrong. The only difference I can see is that the center [thick black] bolts have a larger-size Allen-wrench hole in the "Pro Sport" set. On inspection it seems that the problem is with the design and is simply that under vibration [and we all know that the GS850G is not much of a vibrator at all!], that black bolt can work loose and back out a bit...obviously just enough to cause the peg itself to fall off! So when I installed the new ones, I simply found a pair of nylon washers thick enough to fill the void between the bolt heads when tightened down, and the case-guard bars. Should work! And -- reverting to yesteryear! -- I've now also safety-wired them on...plus Locktite.... :-)

- Bill
Working...
X