Metzler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metzler

While having great faith in Metzler tires I decided to try a new compound. Last season I was running E55A Metronic on the rear , this season I decided to try the Lasertec. The Lasertec gives far superior traction both wet and dry but be prepared-E55A 18k-Lasertec 5k-both have same amount of tread left! 8O So if you don't mind changing back tires every other oil change- Nuff said.

How do they compare in price? I am running the ME55 rear....lhave 10,000 km on it so far & am happy with the grip/wear it offers.

Tony.
    '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
    Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

I've got the 88's (now 880s) and I've done about.........15000km on it, and there is still some decent tread left.

Comment

I also put the Laserteks on this year. I have put about 1500 miles on them so far and have plenty of tread left. I think they handle great in dry weather but I don't push anything in wet weather so I can't give any input there. I would buy these again. In th future I will be using these or the Dunlop GT501
        1982 GS1000S Katana
        1982 GS1100E

Comment

Metz vs Dunlop

Metzler is now done at 7000 Km. Might be something to do with the very hot riding conditions as I've not changed my riding style. I usually cruise between 120 and 140 KPH and the bike is no stranger to wide open. Will be looking into the Dunlop for front and rear.

Comment

Youre doing better than I ever did. 2500 miles on a Me55 is the most milage i have been able to get out of one. Usually around 2000 miles, its pretty weel history.

Earl
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I've got an ME55A on the rear of the 750 and after 5,000 miles it has no tread (at least in the middle). I ordered a Lasertec last night. We'll see what I get out of it. I believe Metzeler is phasing out the ME55A Metronic and some other models and replacing them with the Lasertec.

Comment

Marathon

I get the feeling the old girl is just too fat for a soft compound tire. I've switched to a Metzler "Marathon" in hopes of finding a middle of the road solution. So far, so good. The compound is still relatively soft as far as a touring tire goes and seems to hold in the curves, although I'm not going to be foolish enough to push it as far as I have with previous tires. As far as straight line grip is concerned it seems to get the job done. If nothing else it is better than the best tire that I was getting foolish with 30 years ago, so relativly speaking :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
                  Youre doing better than I ever did. 2500 miles on a Me55 is the most milage i have been able to get out of one. Usually around 2000 miles, its pretty weel history.

Earl

Looks like it depends a lot on the temperature then, seeing as floridas a pretty warm place.

I was thinking of trying out the 55's on my 850 (ive only ever had 88's) to see what the traction difference is like, but dont know if im gonna be there next season.....well see.

Comment

Working...
                  X