Traffic Light Tripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traffic Light Tripper

Anyone ever heard of or use one? It's suppose to trigger green lights with the sensor under the road. Would be nice if it works. I sat at a light for 5 minutes watching it blink don't walk then go back to walk since it didn't know I was waiting.

Ive been thinking about picking one up. They are only about 10$ so its not a huge loss if it doesnt work.

Its not reccomended, but if i sit more than 3-4 minutes i run the light. Im not going to sit at a light forever and wait for a car to come along and trip the signal for me. :? Just need to be really careful when doing it. i dont worry about the cops pulling me over, just cars coming along at tricky intersections.

Comment

I never had a problem with traffic lights in CT. Maybe they are tripped by weight here!

Comment

I've read conflicting reports. Some guys report great results, others say no change. Ya' pays yer money and ya' takes yer chances.

Comment

Ill bet that some local areas have diferent sensativity setting for those inder the road sensing wires. Mt cm200t is a tiny bike and I never have trouble with lights changing for me. One thing i always do is try and stop the bike over one wire and possibly on an angle wher it is over 2 of the wires in the loop.
          Maybe florida doesnt burry the wires as deep????

Comment

The settings for the loop are supposed to be adjustable. And supposedly if you live in an area with a light that does not respond to your bike you can request the city/state adjust it. I've got a real meanie at the first major intersection from home. All the tricks, shutting of the engine and doing a restart, pushing the centerstand on the wire, stopping over the left wire, nothing works.

Comment

Originally posted by jimcor
              The settings for the loop are supposed to be adjustable. And supposedly if you live in an area with a light that does not respond to your bike you can request the city/state adjust it. I've got a real meanie at the first major intersection from home. All the tricks, shutting of the engine and doing a restart, pushing the centerstand on the wire, stopping over the left wire, nothing works.
              Probably some sort of sabotage by Michael Howard 8O

Comment

Originally posted by jimcor
                I just have my girlfriend hop off and push the "push to walk" button we have here. She usually gets back on before the light changes back to red.

Comment

hmmmm oh well it works so its good

Comment

I have read somewhere (probably this site) you could use
                    the magnet from a car stero speaker.

Comment

The traffic light trigger magnets aren't any stronger than a regular ceramic magnet, you might be able to fashion your own with a radio-shack magnet. I notice that the magnets in my tankbag are really really REALLY strong. Hmmmm. If you can lay ahold of ALNICO magnets anywhwere they are really strong.

I had put a trigger on my 550 and thought it helped with a couple lights around me, then I put it on my 750 when I got it. The zip tie that holds it on broke so I took it off... didn't seem to make a difference so I never bothered putting it back on. I can't tell for sure but I do think it helped on the 550.

Comment

If you need a source for realy strong magnets open up an old harddrive and you should find 2. IF you get them against each other they are pretty hard to separate.
                        Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
                        2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

You may try this little trick taught to me by a deputy sheriff. It seems most lights have a sensor for emergency vehicles built into them. Just flash your bright lights a couple times as you approach those troublesome lights and it will 9 out of 10 times trip the light for you. I had one that was a particular pain in the (|) in my town and this trick works great. I am so glad as this particular light is right in front of the city police station.. :roll:, seemed much better than running the light which I had done previously.

Comment

Working...
                          X