Big Lots tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Lots tools

I just wanted to make a quick post about Big Lots stores and their cheap a$$ tools...

I love 'em! I was just there and noticed that they have a new line of Chinese wratchet wrenches that feel pretty good, not much slop and about $10 for a 1/2 drive with what looks like really nice chrome.

I bought a few tools there during a "roadside emergency" a few years ago and they are still in my toolbox today and doing fine. Can't beat the $1.99 allen key set, they strip less than craftsman for sure. Can't beat the $.99 Eden Soy soy milk for that matter...

Anyway they ARE cheap tools but I've had very good luck with them so if you have a Big Lots in your area check them out. BL has a website with store finder.

They also have closeouts on name brand tools and household items all the time. Last week I got a 4pc attachment set for my shop vac for $4.99, about 1/2 what Home Despot wanted for the exact same thing! Just don't bring your wife or your garage will have lovely wicker accents in no time flat.

Ducking wrenches thrown by angry woman bikers,
    /\/\ac

Comment

Same for Harbor Freight. I will buy wrenches, sockets, and air tools there, but the chinese have yet to master the electric tool. I bought a $20 angle grinder there, and about a year later the bearings went. Guess you get what you pay for sometimes.

Comment

you got a year on a 20 grinder and your complaining jeez

Comment

You paid too much -- those Chinese angle grinders usually can be found for $8 - $10!

I paid $7.99 for mine a few years ago at Rural King. Noisy and crude, but it works fine.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Just watch out for those gearbox bearings.. It looked like I took the grinder to them instead of using them in it.

Comment

Cheep tools rule

Originally posted by joe.d
              you got a year on a 20 grinder and your complaining jeez
              Gotta agree with this. Bought a grinder with sanding pad attachment for 14.95. Used it to take care of rust on the old truck before painting. Did a good job. Finished the job and it still worked. Loaned it to a freind to cut off protruding bolts in floor, got it back and it still worked. Used it for grinding excess welding material off of exhaust pipe and it is still working. Bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by jhw84
                Just watch out for those gearbox bearings.. It looked like I took the grinder to them instead of using them in it.
                Manual says oil before every use.

Or, actually
                "Oiling needed before use tool here---->"

Comment

Working...
                X