Frogg Toggs Revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frogg Toggs Revisited

Just a little note to let everyone know why I will not be buying any more Frogg Togg garments.

The company does not hide the fact that their fabric will melt if it is subject to extreme heat, but at the same time it does not go out of it's way to make consumers aware. I know that fact and have always been careful to keep from brushing against engine or exhaust. f

I somehow lost my first pair of FT pants and bought some new ones at Daytona in March. Another complaint I have about them is that their zippers are too short and it is a real struggle to get them on over large motorcycle boots like mine. So before ever wearing my new ones I took them to a seamstress shop to have longer zippers put it in.

A few days later I got a call from the seamstress who apologetically said something bad had happened to my pants and she needed to see me. It seems she uses a high intensity light on her sewing machine and while sewing in the zippers the pants had either sit under it or brushed against it in several places with predictable result. She was very apologetic and offered immediately to replace the pants for me. I told her it was alright; I had an old pair of conventional rain pants at home and said if she would transfer the longer zippers to them we would just call it even. The poor lady had no way of knowing. Here are some shots of the damage:

The next thing I did was contact Frogg Toggs via email on their website to explain what had happened and to ask if it were possible to buy some of the fabric to make patches which the seamstress could have done. She is quite good. That was several weeks ago and I go zero response.

Then three days ago I sent Frogg Toggs an email with the picture link above explaining what had happened and asking if they would allow me some credit on the damaged pants, never worn, toward the purchase of another pair. Zero response. Neither time did I so much as get one of those autoresponder emails telling me my message was important...blah, blah, blah. The credit wasn't really important to me. I was just curious to see if they had any respect for their customers after a sale; I got my answer.

Now I contrast this with the customer service Dave Platt received from the Dry Rider folks that he details in a thread a little down this page. I would have felt better if the FT people had at least responded saying their policies prevent them from replacing garments damaged by negligence.....blah, blah, blah. But nothing; you got a problem, you don't exist.

In summation with regard to Frogg Togg garments.

A. they melt when subject to heat such as an exhaust
    B. their leg zippers are too short
    C. they are backed with zero customer service

Other than that they work fine.
    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
    80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Thanks Don. I was considering buying some to store under my seat. Now I don't know? Maybe I just need to visit K-Mart again.

Comment

I did get a set of Frog Toggs. I went way over the top and got those $155? ones that say they are for motorcycles. I gotta say I love those things. I used them in the rain one day in Asheville and they worked good. But I use them alot riding home from work at midnight when it's cold. Used with a jacket they help block the wind and keep your legs warm. I wonder if they will melt as easily?

Good to know they don't respond to questions. I'll find another brand when I need more. It's like screw you, we could care less. If I wanted attitude like that I could go talk to punks on the street!

Comment

Working...
      X