Thumbs up for Hagon Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thumbs up for Hagon Shocks

After getting my fill of adrenalin from rear wheel chatter in tight turns, it was finally time to replace the original shocks (26 years and 29000 miles later) on my '79 GS 750L. Some basic shopping in my budget range turned up Progressives and the Chineses cheapies. Both brands had some negative comments from other riders, so I looked further and found Hagon - nice website and the 2 year warranty looked good.

I ordered a pair at $179 from Dave Quinn ( http://davequinnmotorcycles.com ) and picked up chrome shrouds to match the originals for an extra $26. Dave is nice to deal with - makes sure you get the right fit for the bike and the right springs.

The shocks rode a little stiff at first, but have broken in after 600 miles. The ride quality is great and the handling is like a new bike. Same price as Progressives and double the warranty - if you're shopping for new shocks, check out Hagon !!

I also had good results with Hagon shocks on my '80 450, they really tighten up the handling.

Comment

Re: Thumbs up for Hagon Shocks

Originally posted by mk
      After getting my fill of adrenalin from rear wheel chatter in tight turns, it was finally time to replace the original shocks (26 years and 29000 miles later) on my '79 GS 750L. Some basic shopping in my budget range turned up Progressives and the Chineses cheapies. Both brands had some negative comments from other riders, so I looked further and found Hagon - nice website and the 2 year warranty looked good.

I ordered a pair at $179 from Dave Quinn ( http://davequinnmotorcycles.com ) and picked up chrome shrouds to match the originals for an extra $26. Dave is nice to deal with - makes sure you get the right fit for the bike and the right springs.

The shocks rode a little stiff at first, but have broken in after 600 miles. The ride quality is great and the handling is like a new bike. Same price as Progressives and double the warranty - if you're shopping for new shocks, check out Hagon !!
      Hi mk, can you post a pic? Your 750 looks the same as an 11. I assume they have similar shock requirements. I am looking for replacements for my OEMs.

Comment

Hi Retrex - The overall size of the shock is a little smaller than OEM (not a
        bad thing!) and the fit is dead perfect. Here's a pic from Dave Quinn's store (see first post):

My model is the fourth from left. I peeled the blue Hagon label and used some Simichrome to polish the aluminum underneath. They look almost original and probably work better.

Comment

Picture is a thousand words

Originally posted by mk
          Hi Retrex - The overall size of the shock is a little smaller than OEM (not a
          bad thing!) and the fit is dead perfect. Here's a pic from Dave Quinn's store (see first post):

My model is the fourth from left. I peeled the blue Hagon label and used some Simichrome to polish the aluminum underneath. They look almost original and probably work better.
          Thanks for the pic, it is a good looking replacement.

Comment

Over here (UK), Hagon are the number one aftermarket motorcycle suspension supplier.
            I have fitted them on several bikes including my current 850GT and have never had any problems with them.
            They also make progressive fork springs for the GS range - I have'nt fitted these yet, but they are on my list for next year.

Comment

hows the clearance with the chain guard - any problems there? I saw some on ebay and thought the shocks didn't look like they would clear the chain guard.

Thanks

Comment

Clearance is great - better than original shocks. The Hagons are slightly thinner and lighter than originals - obviously newer technology!

Comment

I've got Hagons on my 77-750 and haven't had any problems. They seem to be a quality product. Got them from Dave Quinn-he was good to deal with.

Comment

Working...
                  X