Scorpion EXO-400 Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scorpion EXO-400 Helmet

I accidently dropped my old helmet on the pavement the other day, so I decided to go ahead and replace it. I didn't really like it anyway.

I bought one of these:

This helmet rocks!!!!

Replaceable liner, very comfortable, and plenty of vents and airflow. I've had absolutely no fogging so far either and I'm told that the original visors almost never will. This helmet reminds me of all of the $400-$600 helmets I tried on, but it's best quality is it's price.

It's only $139!!!

BTW - The rear spoiler on the back of helmets actually work. At highway speeds, I can feel my head being pulled back gently so my neck doesn't get tired any more.

I've been thinking of ordering one of these, how did the helmet fit? Was the size right for you, and how did you pick the right size?

Based on the fitting recommendations on the Scorpion website, My head is LARGE!!

Currently I wear a cheap, crappy L/XL helmet, which seems slightly big for me. I am probably going to order the large.

Any suggestions?

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by BigMattyD
      I've been thinking of ordering one of these, how did the helmet fit? Was the size right for you, and how did you pick the right size?

Based on the fitting recommendations on the Scorpion website, My head is LARGE!!

Currently I wear a cheap, crappy L/XL helmet, which seems slightly big for me. I am probably going to order the large.

Any suggestions?

Matt
      I would strongly suggest trying any helmet on before buying. What is the most comfortable helmet in the world to one person may be a torture device to another. Even helmets of the same brand and size vary. I order a lot of stuff online but helmet and glove sizing are too critical to take a chance on. I always buy helmets and gloves where I can try on the exact item I am buying.

Joe
      IBA# 24077
      '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
      '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy
        Originally posted by BigMattyD

Any suggestions?

Matt
        I would strongly suggest trying any helmet on before buying. What is the most comfortable helmet in the world to one person may be a torture device to another. Even helmets of the same brand and size vary. I order a lot of stuff online but helmet and glove sizing are too critical to take a chance on. I always buy helmets and gloves where I can try on the exact item I am buying.

Joe
        Sorry I haven't been bale to respond to your question until now Matt. I'm out of town and only get online every now and then.

I have to agree with Joe on this. You should not order unless you have tried it on. I called around and found a dealer that carried it to go visit. Look on the website for dealer info. I have a big head so I wear an XL, but I almost went to an XXL with this helmet. Now I'm glad I didn't. They fit a little tighter at first, but they break in well. I would rather have a helmet that is borderline too tight than too loose. Once it breaks in though, this helmet is great. It's the best helmet I've ever seen for the price.

Comment

i've also got one of these and i absolutely love it!

it's a lot of helmet for the price *and* its both dot and snell approved (which is what pushed me to buy it in the end).

it's strong, comfy, very little lift, decent ventillation and i picked it up online for $129+shipping. no complaints here at all.

i do agree, however, that you should pop down to your local bike shop and try them on for sizing. and when yer trying them on, make sure to ask whether it's a new out-of-box one or one that's been sitting on the shelf forever, been tried on by a million people, and is probably very close to being totally broken in. cuz from what i hear (mine is brandy new, only about 6 hours on it so far) they're REAL tight before they break in

Comment

Bought one yesterday, really good lid for the price. As good, if not better than the Shoei it replaced. Facesheild really stays fog free!
            Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

How is it in terms of noise level...say, compared to a Shoei. I'm currently using an Icon Alliance, ( also a very good value), and it is quieter than my Shoei ( with the top vent shut).

Tony.
              '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
              Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

My Icon Mainfram and Scorpion are of comparable noise levels, if that helps

My scorpion is the same model / color

Comment

Working...
                X