Whose electrics???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whose electrics???

Man alive, 05! This has been a rough year on the 550. After not having to turn a wrench, for all practical purposes, on the bike in 3 years it decides to all come undone this summer.

So, it's r/r and stator time now. :x What's the consensus on whose we use? I got close to 40 grand out of this set of OEM's but they are quite a bit more expensive than aftermarket items.

I had some bad luck with Rick's. Plus the guy got nasty on the phone with me. So, I'm reluctant to take another chance with them.

ElectroSport. What's the word? Focus, I know you had some bad luck with them.

Are there any others? Haven't looked at JC Whitney yet... :?

I'm surprised at Rick's.
    He's local to me and has treated me well over the years.
    Just to let you know Dennis Kirk sells Ricks, so maybe dealing with Kirk will eliminate any problems dealing direct?
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Originally posted by KGB
      I'm surprised at Rick's.
      He's local to me and has treated me well over the years.
      Just to let you know Dennis Kirk sells Ricks, so maybe dealing with Kirk will eliminate any problems dealing direct?
      I returned an unused stator for exchange because it wouldn't fit my case. He claimed it would, I said it wouldn't and I guess we were both having bad days...

Trouble is I went thru two of his stators and one r/r in two years. But, the last one might have been the bike's fault. Rubbing wire shorted out to the frame and lights and fuses popped, two days later the charging system was toast, again.

Comment

Working...
      X