Vendor Rating System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vendor Rating System

I was reading the recently locked post and thinking wouldn't it be nice to have a rating system to score the different vendors for parts.

Having waited far too long for parts from Old Bike Barn, then reading the issues with Andersen / TAD, why not have a scoring / review for different vendors. I've clicked on a few of the vendors listed in the links, but some of those I've never heard of, nor have I seen any comments in the forum.

So...
    how about some scoring system for vendors covering areas like:
    - Prompt shipping & good packing
    - Parts in stock
    - Good customer service, ease of reaching, etc

My blood pressure went thru the roof dealing with the bullsh*t from OBB - they just lied to me - not once, but two or three times.

Then I looked at ordering from partsandmore and they don't have a phone number on the web site - what gives - are they are real business or like Tad trying to run a business out of their closet?

We have listing in the links page for places like Andersen that just had a bunch of bad feedback, no listing for companies like partsandmore, z1 enterprises, OBB (thankfully), cyclerecycle and others.

Re: Vendor Rating System

Originally posted by Sleepy
    We have listing in the links page for places like Andersen that just had a bunch of bad feedback
    You should reread the Andersen string again, I don't think one unconsolable customer equates to bunch of bad feedback. If you read it a little more carefully you will see that AVP is a little company with growing pains that does make an effort to resolve all resolvable issues. I have made 6 separate purchases from them and yes they are slow, but have delivered for me and they have parts I cannot get anywhere else.

On your idea of a rating system, that I can go along with. However I would like to see the vendor contacted for their side of story if they would like to provide it. A one sided account isn't necessarily beneifcial to us all.

Comment

retrex, my math and your math seem very different... I count 4 people who had some form of problem with andersen. my intent wasn't to pick on tad - I appreciate his willingness to get into a dialog to solve some of the problems.

If the problems are limited and many people have good results with a dealer, then a scoring system somewhat like ebay feedback you'd see all the good feedback and accept a few negatives or neutrals and still do business

my intent was to understand how good / bad some of the different vendors are - recently I've delt with OBB (they suck) and Z1 enterprises (they were good) - I'd like to be able to reflect that in a scoring system across a few different categories. I see other names like partandmore and get an uneasy feeling as there are no phone numbers or addresses on the web site. I see cyclerecycle and hear a couple of people say they are good - but I don't see any of these companies listed in the links

I consider slow shipping to be a problem - when I want a part and I get charged for it, I shouldn't have to wait 4 weeks for it to be shipped.

I consider poor communication to be a problem too... I expect responses to emails and a phone number I can call and bitch at someone when they don't deliver.

I expect honesty and accuracy - in the case of OBB, they lied to me - not once, but at least three times. They stated the parts were in stock, they stated my package was shipped (twice) and only finally did I get an honest answer from them that they never had the product in stock and had to order it.

Comment

Honest disagreement

Our math is different, you look at numbers, I look at content. It's not the first time two people view something differently. Won't be the last. All the more reason to get both sides out there to let others decide. I approve of the idea, not of your assesment. Good luck with getting the system going. I have a couple of other vendors that I have used that I would feel comfortable putting out there for public consumption.

Comment

That's why a scoring system would be good - I do agree about giving the vendor a chance at rebuttal. Plus each of us scores things differently. Trust is built slowly and can disappear quickly

Comment

Clouded Vison

Originally posted by Sleepy
            I look at content too - but he's not my buddy so I guess I can be more objective...
            Never met the man, paid full market on all items, got one item shipped a little earlier than normal because I stood up and said lets look at the overal picture before we rush to judgement. Content.

Comment

Working...
            X