Slipstreamer Windshields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slipstreamer Windshields

This is both a product review, and a customer service review.

I highly recommend the Slipstreamer line of windshield products, and I was recently amazed at their excellent customer service. I note that Slipstreamer does not sell direct to the public. You can buy their products through large nationwide catalogue and Internet distributors like Dennis Kirk, etc. or through a local motorcycle shop.

I own a Slipstreamer Enterprise II acrylic windshield, which is a rather large 4-point mount windshield that flares out across the handlebars to provide full coverage for hands on the grips and some coverage for knees in the breeze. This windshield is perfect for the Spring and Fall cool-weather riding seasons in New England. (Also, I keep my bike registered through the Winter, and I ride a few precious days during the Winter when the sun is shining and the roads are not covered in snow, ice, or freezing rain. The Slipstreamer windshield makes Winter riding possible for me).

This is a great windshield. I recommend it highly for riders who like a full coverage windshield. (I have occasionally swapped this windshield back and forth between my 1979 GS1000L and 1980 GS1000G bikes, and it works on both bikes perfectly.)

I believe that this specific windshield model was discontinued a few years ago and replaced with the current model designation S-00 Enterprise.

So anyway, my fairing is probably 10-years old, which is long past the end of the manufacturer?s warrantee.

Recently, during a triple-digit speed blast on the highway (Officer, of course I mean 64.9 mph in a 65 mph zone!) I noticed some vibration and sort of a fluttering movement at the bottom of the windshield. I pulled over, and discovered that the metal strap that connects the lower left portion of the fairing to the headlight bracket had broken.

I went on the Internet, and learned that a replacement ?hardware set? for that fairing costs $32, plus shipping. I called Slipstreamer directly, and asked if I could simply buy the metal strap, instead of the whole hardware kit.

They said they would simply send me one for free.

Two days later, I got not one, but a matched pair of left and right lower mounts, plus all bolts, nuts, washers and grommets, in the mail!

Somebody at Slipstreamer was thoughtful enough to realize that the colors of the mounts had changed over the years, and sent me a matched pair of the brand-new current mounts.

Now that?s customer service!

Guess which brand of windshield I will always buy from now on.

Cool! Any pics? I will be looking for a new shield next season.

Tony.
    '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
    Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Working...
    X