sakura tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sakura tires

Recently replaced a cheng shin Marquis with a Sakura street shark. Cost was the same just didn't want another Marquis. I think Sakura is another line by cheng shin. After two hundred miles they're barely broken in but they seem to have much better grip. I don't know how they are wet or how long they'll last. I'll follow up in six months or so and update. I've heard nothing about these tires and hope someone else has some (good)news to share. I can't be the only one who's bought this tire,but I cannot find a review anywhere.

Just an update. I've now put over a thousand miles and they're holding up well. I.ve got a lot of confidence in the grip (commuting mostly, no real testing). It's showing no sign of squaring. So far a good value. Now to find something for the rear, might try a D404.

Comment

Sakura tires

It's an interconnected world these days. Sakura Rubber is a major co. in Japan, but on the other hand a factory anywhere in the world might be sub-contracting to make them a particular tire under their brand name on one day, and the next day a different brand for a diffferent compnay. Same for all tire companies, no matter where the head office is located.

The main thing is, keep us posted on performance. Me, I'm always on the lookout for a good price/performance balance.

Comment

Final update...turned the bike over to my brother, the sakura had a little over 2500 miles on it. Plenty of tread left and still nice and round. While I'm not very aggressive with my riding,I do ride in lots of differant conditions and I had a lot of faith in this tire.I think it's a great value and would buy again. Then again I like most tires,except chen shin "Marquis":-D

Comment

Working...
        X