Kenda K671 Cruiser Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenda K671 Cruiser Tires

Well, I just bought a set of Kendas to replace the 24 year old Cheng Shins on my 650. I am mounting them this week, and will hopefully be into full rinding weather (and have the bike in a good state of tune) here next week. I have not seen boo about this particular tire in the board anywhere, but I will post a review after I have some miles on. BTW, My cost was 118 bucks for a 100/90-19 front and a 130/90-16 rear, and will probably be another 30 to mount and balance. This was at my cycle shop, where I get a discount (friends in high places). Incidentally, its pretty close to the cost in Dennis Kirk, without shipping charges.

Oh yeah, I don't wanna hear any doom and gloom about Kenda's. I realize there are better tires out there, but I do not ride hard...yet. I only have 800 miles under my belt, and plan to take it pretty easy for the next few miles (few thousand).

I will keep ya'll posted

New tires of any brand are awesome. It seems so quiet and smooth... I just threw a Dunlop F51 (??) on the front, but my rear is about 250 miles away from it. Actually, I should have replaced them long ago, becasue I bought a 140 instead of a 130 and the wear of the profile sucks. Never again, next rear tire is a 130.

Let us know how you like it!
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

We run Kenda dirt bike tires on 2 of our bikes. I love em!! They wear good and hook good.
      EULC ON

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_H
        Oh yeah, I don't wanna hear any doom and gloom about Kenda's. I realize there are better tires out there, but I do not ride hard...yet. I only have 800 miles under my belt, and plan to take it pretty easy for the next few miles (few thousand).

I will keep ya'll posted

Please, by all means keep us posted. New cheep tires are better than old name brand tires. Lets face it, if money was no object than would we be riding old bikes.... I'm very curious about the Kendas. The make decent dirt tires, and good bicycle tires.

Comment

I've used the Kenda Challenger series tires on the front wheel of my 550 a time or two. Good tire for the money, no issues. Oh, they don't make a rear tire that fits the back hoop on my bike or I would have used one there too.

Comment

I run the kenda challengers on both front and rear of my bike. I have had great luck with them. IMO they have great traction and don't wear out in 5k miles. A good place to look for them or any other tire is tiresunlimited.com. I replaced both my tires for under $100, not counting mounting and balancing.

Comment

Had 3 sets of kenda dirts for my KLR, loved them. A few knobs fell off and they wore quick, but different tire.

Comment

I used Kenda Challengers on my KZ650, the bike I had before my GS850.

I didn't know nearly as much about riding then as I do now, but I definitely rode the snot out of that KZ in all kinds of nasty weather (and nice weather) without a tire-related problem and without traction problems. I'm not sure how many miles they had when I sold the KZ, but they had at least a couple thousand and still looked rounded and almost new.

Kenda Challengers and Cheng Shin HiMaxes are excellent modern bargain tires for older bikes. They're far better than anything available in 1983.

I've used up three sets of Cheng Shin HiMaxes on my GS850G, and they are also an excellent value and give good performance. I spent a few more bucks for Dunlops on the last two sets and they are a bit better, but there's nothing wrong with economizing.
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I actually miss my Cheng Shin tires.......
                  Dunno if there is any logic to this, but I just liked the way the felt and handled.
                  But please DO let us know how these Kendra work out!

Comment

Ok, Its been a while coming, but I have finally gotten some miles on these tires. I figure I have ridden about 200 miles on them, and have gotten them scrubbed in nice. They are MUCH more stable and grippy than the rubber that came off (Chen Shing Marquis), but that is to be expected cuz the old tires were as hard as hockey pucks, and at the minimum 9 years old. I like em so far. They look pretty good, and I have not had any feeling of "greasyness" from either end of the bike. Give em a shot. Besides, they're almost cheap ($120 for front AND rear) enough to try, and if you don't like, get different tires.

Comment

Working...
                    X