comments on BikeBandit.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

comments on BikeBandit.com

When I first got my 82 GS750T last fall, It was in dire need of some parts. Doing the internet search, I found BikeBandit. I thought their online parts diagrams were great. So I promptly ordered 200 some odd dollars of parts. I even paid more for shipping to get the parts sooner, so that I could make the bike road worthy before the snow flew here. Well I got an e-mail that everything was in stock except one brake caliper part and one gas tank bushing. So, ok, I thought they would ship the order and send the backorder later. So I waited and waited. No Parts. So I look for a number to call. No number, only online chat. I hate this, don't you guys? So after fumbling through the typing(i'm no good), the guy tells me that that is the way they work. They order from the factory and what the factory does is out of their hands. Well, I finally got my parts almost a month later. The whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth for them. Oh yeah, one part never did make it as it was discontinued. I'll probably use the local dealer to order from now on. What experiences have you guys and gals had with them?
    Dan

I always check with my local dealership to see if they have what I need... and what they want for it. It pays to shop around. The Reno dealership is always more for the same part than the dealership in Carson City (both about the same distance from me). If the part is still available, but not in stock, I usually have it in less than a week. For aftermarket stuff, I like Deniskirk. Free shipping if over $100.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Yes, Dennis Kirk is a great place to get stuff. And only 60 miles from me, so I can pick up the parts if I need to. I buy snowmobile stuff from them also.

Comment

I have used Bike Bandit many times for lots of obscure OEM parts like rubber plugs for socket fasteners, tank bumpers, the bumper for my centerstand, emblems, etc. Usually if I need a gasket or something I just order from them and think of a few asthetic or cool OEM items and if it isn't discontinued I order it. They are pretty good with tracking the status online for you, but yes, one time I didn't get an online order confirmation so I wanted to call someone. I had ordered maybe 4 times before, but this time I finally realized there was not one single phone number to get in touch with someone. That really ****ed me off. The parts never seem to make it here in light speed, I usually wait 2-3 weeks for any OEM parts. the last time I tried Ron Ayers, and although you must have the part number before you order (they don't have the old fiche, and will tell you they don't deal with old bikes) thier prices are good and the shipping was quicker. And you can call them. Anything aftermarket I order from my local shop (mostly a Harley shop) he's awesome and will order me anything on a phone call and have it the next day or two.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Would you like to share the experiences you have had with a new accessory, part or vendor? Post your review here.

Comment

Are they still offering the 6% AMA member discount? Came in handy when I bought some stuff from them. No problems.

Comment

yes

Originally posted by relic-rider
              Yes, Dennis Kirk is a great place to get stuff. And only 60 miles from me, so I can pick up the parts if I need to. I buy snowmobile stuff from them also.
              Yes I agree completely.Thats where I bought all my parts.I had them in four days, and I'm in Ohio.They had everything in stock too.

Comment

I've had fairly good luck with Bikebandit, though I wish you could speak to them directly at times. They are not the cheapest place around, but they do a pretty good job usually. The local Suzuki dealer doesn't seem to want to know me or any GS. Ray
                "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
                GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
                1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
                1979 GS1000SN The new hope
                1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Working...
                X