FieldSheer Congo Mesh jecket.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FieldSheer Congo Mesh jecket.

I got this jacket a few weeks ago and I've put on about 500 miles with it so far...since getting back to the State where the bike was last Wednesdat night.

The jacket is a standard "meshtile" summer jacket with zip out liner. It has armor on the forearm/elbow, shoulder and spine with padding over those areas plus the lower back. It also has heavy Cordura on the lower arms and upper back. Seems like it would provide decent protection in a spill...

Cell pocket and map pocket in the outer shell, two hand pockets. None in the liner.

Function is great. Without the liner it flows a LOT of air, I was a little cold on the highway at 65F.

Today was a little colder (55 or so) and I got to try out the liner. Man does it work! It has a "fleece" lining, thinsulate and a waterproof, breathable outer layer. It also has a full length velcro wind flap over the zipper and an adjustable neck. Stopped the wind perfectly, I'd say with more than a tee shirt under it I could ride with this setup down into the upper 40's all day. You can also wear the liner by itself (around camp or something) and it just looks like a black windbreaker.

Downsides. Not many. The liner zips in at the front on both sides and is anchored to the sleeve ends and neck with a single "button loop" at each location, the overall fit is great but I find that I have to hold each sleeve as I pull my arm out or the liner wants to come with my hand...the liner has an elastic closure at the wrist.
    The velcro wind flap can be a minor pain, it tends to stick to itself or the fleece liner when you are trying to zip up but its just something to get used to....like the snaps on the sleeves.

I had to get a XXXL for the chest size and the sleeves are a LITTLE long for me, or maybe its just the arm armor pocket placement. I had to safety pin the sleeve armor pocket to the top of the cordura and the armor to the top of the pocket to keep it in the right place for me. SEEMS like it'll stay in place long enough for me to have much bigger things to worry about if it doesn't.

I paid about $118 from motorcyclesuperstore.com for mine and I'm very happy with it.

/\/\ac
    Last edited by Guest; 05-01-2006, 11:34 AM.
Working...
X