Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse?

Has anyone purchased from them? Glad you did?

They seem to have better prices for alot of stuff (fork springs, shocks and chains) that Bike Bandit.

The web site is http://www.accwhse.com

AVOID THESE LOSERS LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! THEY ARE BAD NEWS, AND DON'T GIVE A RAT'S ASS ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS!

Some people have gotten lucky and not had an issue with their order, but several of us have had the bad luck of having a problem, at which point they will lie, cheat, and do everything necessary to make sure you AREN'T taken care of.

A better bet is a reputable place like Cycle Recycle Part II:

http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/Index_Main_Frame.htm

These guys know everything you never wanted to know about our classic bikes, they are courteous, they care about their customers, and their prices are generally competitive. Whatever the price difference, I'll gladly pay extra to a company (and people) that still puts customer satisfaction above all else!

Regards,

Comment

I bought an exhaust from them about 2 years ago.
      The exhaust was defective.
      3 phone calls, and they wanted me to pay shipping!
      So when I explained that my credit card company will dispute the purchase, and I wont ship it back until it's resolved........
      2 days later a new and correct exhaust showed up.
      I sent the defective one back COD. Just to **** them off.

Yea they were not good to deal with. As Steve said, no customer service at all. Good prices, but they sucked to deal with.
      I won't do business with them again
      Keith
      -------------------------------------------
      1980 GS1000S, blue and white
      2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

I bought the Dowco cover and Krypto lock for my Roadie from them without any problems... Then again, both are difficult items to screw up.....
        I'll certanly keep the issues you guys had in mind for the future though!!!!

Last edited by Guest; 05-05-2006, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I ordered a tire from them about 3-4 years ago and it was the wrong size. I mean not even close enough to use in a pinch. I ordered a 16in, got a 17.
          contacted them and they said to return it and they would credit my shipping (which I had to argue for and use the threat of contacting Visa).....so I returned it. a little over 2 weeks later (said they had to receive my other tire before shipping the right one...even when I supplied them with UPS tracking#) I got the other tire....or maybe I should say, "the same tire". They just sent me a different size 17in. So when I contacted them AGAIN, they said metzeller didn't make 16in tires. That was enough to convince me that they didn't know what they were talking about.....so I sold the one they sent me to a friend (at a loss) and never did business with them again.
          But in all fairness, they did teach me a lesson...and that is not wait until the last minute before ordering a tire. A good chunk of canvas was showing before I finally got what I needed. :?

Comment

Isn't that the same bunch that used to be called Competition Accessories. If so they sucked a** . If they haven't learned customer service then I wouldn't buy from them even if they where the last place on earth to buy a part I needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridealot
              Isn't that the same bunch that used to be called Competition Accessories. If so they sucked a** . If they haven't learned customer service then I wouldn't buy from them even if they where the last place on earth to buy a part I needed.
              No, they are a different place. I used to buy quite a bit from Competition Accessories, and had a lot of luck with them, decent prices, good service, and knowledgeable. My last order went in at just the wrong time; they went bankrupt, after charging my credit card, and before shippping the item. It took a couple of months to get that all straightened out. They still send me catalogs, and a letter now and then telling me what a valuable customer I am. I may give them another shot to see how the new owners are, but I haven't seen any deals good enough to make the move.
              JP
              1982 GS1100EZ (awaiting resurrection)
              1992 Concours
              2001 GS500 (Dad's old bike)
              2007 FJR

Comment

I haven't had bad luck with Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse (http://www.accwhse.com), but I've only ordered from them when they had a good price for a specific item (helmet, bike cover, rear shocks), and called to make sure they had it in stock.

Comment

My point is (and has always been) that it doesn't matter whether you've had bad luck or not ... What matters is the underlying attitude that exists in organizations like these.

Knowing that numerous other people have had exasperating experiences with these losers (besides me) is all that is necessary to convince me that I don't want to reward bad behavior with my hard earned dollars, ESPECIALLY when there are other companies whose #1 priority is excellent customer care, and who are competitive price-wise. The piece of mind (and insurance) I get from knowing "my back is covered" with places like CRCII (Cycle Recycle Part II) is worth every penny more that I might spend by ignoring the jackasses at MAW.

Plus, if there IS a problem, I know it will be handled quickly, properly, and with courtesy. CRCII did make a mistake with one order, and they corrected it ASAP with immediate apologies ... they even told me to keep the incorrect part, so I didn't have to bother with shipping hassles to get it back to them. THAT'S customer service, and I always try to reward it with my business.

Every potential customer I can save from MAW's abuse is a victory for me, since I promised them that there would be consequences to mistreating this customer.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                  X